Solved! Sound bar wireless

Jan 25, 2019
I'm considering buying a soundbar, but I can't tell if this kind of equipment works with a PC, since I only use this one for movies and music (this is the most important information I need). You might have a piece of advice for me, bearing in mind that I would like it to have both two satellites and a wireless sub? Thanks in advance

Solution
Without knowing what board you have or what sound bar you are planning on getting, we can be sure if it will work. But as long as your motherboard has an optical audio connection on the back and the sound bar has and optical audio connection, then you should be fine.

Most sound bars have their own built in amplifier, so you dont need a receiver. You would just setup the sub and sound bar, then hook up the optical cable and set the optical input on your sound bar. You may have to go into windows sound settings and set the optical audio as you default. But it is pretty easy.

feelinfroggy777

Commendable
Dec 13, 2016
Without knowing what board you have or what sound bar you are planning on getting, we can be sure if it will work. But as long as your motherboard has an optical audio connection on the back and the sound bar has and optical audio connection, then you should be fine.

Most sound bars have their own built in amplifier, so you dont need a receiver. You would just setup the sub and sound bar, then hook up the optical cable and set the optical input on your sound bar. You may have to go into windows sound settings and set the optical audio as you default. But it is pretty easy.

Solution
Jan 25, 2019

Thank you for your kind answer. My mobo is an MSI Z270 gaming 5 and the sound bar I like is the JBL BAR 5.1 Soundbar 4K Ultra HD

HDMI and optical are today's connections of choice. SB HDMI ARC, multiple other HDMI IN, one of more Opticals, add one or more AUX_IN would be perfect.

As far as wireless surround, well it either has it or it doesn't. Just forget about buying something without then add later.

feelinfroggy777

Commendable
Dec 13, 2016

They will work fine together. Just hook the soundbar up with the optical audio.