Sound Blaster Z with 4.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savagesauce

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2010
Does anyone know if there is a patch or something for the Sound Blaster Z that will allow you to run a 4.1 system correctly. In the software settings, the only options I have are for 2.1 and 5.1 So I don't think they are playing properly. I'm using the Altec Lansing AD745 speakers. I'm running;

GPU: GeForce GTX 1070
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6800K CPU @ 3.40GHz
Memory: 16 GB RAM (15.84 GB RAM usable)
Current resolution: 1920 x 1080, 60Hz
Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Solution
Do you own the SB1500 or the SB1502 or the SB1506? Creative have garnered a bad reputation for being the laziest in the drivers dev sector phasing out driver support for anything that is more than one generation old.

Your manual also describes two connectivity options when looking at analog connectivity, notable 2.1 and 5.1, which is kind of baffling since you also have the option to connect to the rear set of speakers(with the black speaker jack). You could likewise try and configure your speaker setup using Windows' Sound Manager>configure>quadraphonic.

This post might be worth a little read over.

Lutfij

Splendid
Do you own the SB1500 or the SB1502 or the SB1506? Creative have garnered a bad reputation for being the laziest in the drivers dev sector phasing out driver support for anything that is more than one generation old.

Your manual also describes two connectivity options when looking at analog connectivity, notable 2.1 and 5.1, which is kind of baffling since you also have the option to connect to the rear set of speakers(with the black speaker jack). You could likewise try and configure your speaker setup using Windows' Sound Manager>configure>quadraphonic.

This post might be worth a little read over.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.