Sound from speakers not working

Sigu__

Commendable
Dec 23, 2016
Hi guys, i recently bought a new pair of speakers and they don't seem to work when i am playing videos or playing games, instead the sounds are coming out from my headphones.
Note that my headphone and speakers are listed under the same device 'speakers'.However when i used realtek audio manager to test the sounds, sounds came out from the speaker.How do i fix this so that sounds will actually come out from my speaker when i am playing videos for example????
P.S i tried reinstalling drivers

Solution
What speaker set is it?

If your speakers is 5.1 for example green is fronts, yellow centre/sub and black rears. Realtek audio manager and Windows playback properties both give audio jack labeling like shown below:

capture1-png.52998

RFn7B4M.png

Just describing basics as you probably know all of that. Just check you're using the correct audio jacks and Windows/Realtek is set to use how many speakers you have.

If your headphones is still taking priority, replug your headphones so you get the popup again and choose front speakers instead of headphones. It will treat the headphones as just another set of speakers and not take priority using the headphones...

Animus3D

Estimable
May 5, 2015
hit windows key. Type "sound"
go through your playback devices, right clicking each option and selecting "test" until you hear it from your speakers. Then, with that device selected, click "set default device"

Sigu__

Commendable
Dec 23, 2016

Tried it didn't work, as I've said headphones and speakers are listed under the same device and i have no idea how to separate them

boju

Distinguished
Are you using case front panel audio? Assuming so gathering your speakers are setup at the back.

On assumption you're using fpa, when you connect headphones does Realtek give you a selection what to assign headphones as? Mic, front speakers/rear speakers etc this kind of list?

Choose front speakers for both headphones & speakers to play

Choosing headphones knocks out the rear panel audio.

Zemrak

Estimable
Jan 29, 2016
Try these steps:
Open--> Start ----> Device Manager, and select it from the list of results. Under Sound, video, and game controllers, select your sound card, open it, select the Driver tab, and select Update Driver. If Windows doesn't find a new driver, look for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

If that didn't work, try this:

Uninstall your audio driver: open Device Manager, right-click (or tap and hold) the audio driver, and select Uninstall. Restart your device and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

And if that didn't work, try using the generic audio driver that comes with Windows. Here's how:

Open Device Manager, right-click (or tap and hold) your audio driver > Update driver software... > Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer, select High Definition Audio Device, select Next, and follow the instructions to install it.

Sigu__

Commendable
Dec 23, 2016

Just saying my speakers are the ones having the problems.When i plug in my speakers Realtek doesnt't give me a selection at all and they are plug in at the back

Sigu__

Commendable
Dec 23, 2016

Didnt work

boju

Distinguished
What speaker set is it?

If your speakers is 5.1 for example green is fronts, yellow centre/sub and black rears. Realtek audio manager and Windows playback properties both give audio jack labeling like shown below:

capture1-png.52998

RFn7B4M.png

Just describing basics as you probably know all of that. Just check you're using the correct audio jacks and Windows/Realtek is set to use how many speakers you have.

If your headphones is still taking priority, replug your headphones so you get the popup again and choose front speakers instead of headphones. It will treat the headphones as just another set of speakers and not take priority using the headphones option does.

Do you get a popup when you plug in headphones? That popup might only come about for front panel audio. If you don't get that popup, under speaker configuration (Top picture i posted) the coloured jacks some of them you can change the connector by right clicking that jack. The one you're using your headphones for, re-task it to front speakers.

Solution