Sound is coming through both the speakers and headphones?

Ryan08062017

Prominent
Jun 8, 2017
The sound on my laptop comes through both the sterero and the headphones. It has been like this for the past 2 or so years, but I just got frustrated and left it because I didn't know how to fix it. I recently restored to factory settings, to see if that would have an effect(also it was quite slow), but still no luck.

Some screenshots if it helps, I don't know, thought these things might help the technically inclined out there with some clues:
original

original

https://psg.i.lithium.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/159365i02A15C50BD881AA2/image-size/original?v=1.0&px=-1

HP Pavilion g6
Microsoft windows 7 (64 bit)

Edit: I might have had something called RealTek Audio Manager or something on there at some point, although I can't remember for certain, if I did, it doesn't exist on my computer anymore, it's been a long time since I last bothered to try fixing the issue.

Solution
All you should need to do is go to the screen your first screen shot is of and while the headphones are plugged in, right click on the headphones and set them as "Default". It should now make them the "Default" when they are connected and make the speakers the "Default" when the headphones are removed.
All you should need to do is go to the screen your first screen shot is of and while the headphones are plugged in, right click on the headphones and set them as "Default". It should now make them the "Default" when they are connected and make the speakers the "Default" when the headphones are removed.

Solution