sound is not coming through my hdmi cable

Charlie1999

Estimable
Aug 4, 2014
I've just got my windows 7 re installed on my PC, but now when i plug in my hdmi cable my sound comes through the output on my motherboard, instead of through the hdmi cable, I've tried to change the hdmi output as the default output but i cant because it says its not plugged in, it has worked before now. It might have something to do with the Realtek HD Audio Manager but i'm not sure, thanks for any help! Also when i go onto CCC to change my audio settings, it says my displays do not support audio output, but i know they do because i used the speakers built in to my monitor prior to the re installation

sincreator

Distinguished
May 27, 2009
Reinstall your drivers for your graphics card and make sure HDMI audio is selected in the list. You will have to select custom install to see the list when installing the driver. Then switch your default output device in Windows to whatever device is hooked up via HDMI.

sincreator

Distinguished
May 27, 2009
Reinstall your drivers for your graphics card and make sure HDMI audio is selected in the list. You will have to select custom install to see the list when installing the driver. Then switch your default output device in Windows to whatever device is hooked up via HDMI.

Charlie1999

Estimable
Aug 4, 2014

So when i put in my CD to 're-install' the driver, do i choose the option 'uninstall', then reboot my PC, and do the same thing but then i press 'install'?
ive not done this before and i don't want to make a mistake

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Believe82 Audio 0
Z Audio 21
Luckykor Audio 0
G Audio 0
B Audio 0
ftezgel Audio 2
FirstLast1234 Audio 4
L Audio 1
U Audio 2
A Audio 2