Solved! Sound isnt working

Nov 23, 2019
My android sound wasnt working for 3 weeks then it worked today but lasted awhile and rebooted by itself and sound not working.
I can't watch a video cause it would error out with no noise.
I can still play a game if noise is off.

I tried rebooting
Resetting
If I go in sound settings it would say
Unfortunately settings has stopped. What could be wrong? It worked for a short while .

Solution
When you reset the device did you do a full "Hard Reset" or just the kind that keeps your stuff? If the latter, then it really wasn't reset.

It sounds a lot like you have something on the tablet that is interfering. Bad app, virus, malware, etc. Try starting up in "Safe Mode" and see if any sounds at all will work. You won't be able to run most apps in there, so you will have to stick to basic things. If they work in "Safe Mode" then you can either search the device for those things, or just to a full "Hard Reset" which will totally wipe the device and start it fresh like when first purchased.

Now if it doesn't give any sounds at all, even in "Safe Mode", then you may have a hardware issue and need to have the tablet looked at (or...
When you reset the device did you do a full "Hard Reset" or just the kind that keeps your stuff? If the latter, then it really wasn't reset.

It sounds a lot like you have something on the tablet that is interfering. Bad app, virus, malware, etc. Try starting up in "Safe Mode" and see if any sounds at all will work. You won't be able to run most apps in there, so you will have to stick to basic things. If they work in "Safe Mode" then you can either search the device for those things, or just to a full "Hard Reset" which will totally wipe the device and start it fresh like when first purchased.

Now if it doesn't give any sounds at all, even in "Safe Mode", then you may have a hardware issue and need to have the tablet looked at (or purchase a new one if the cost to fix it is high).

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the tablet.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

Now to "Hard Reset"...

NOTE: Doing this will clear 'all' the data on your tablet, so it is suggested you not choose this option unless you have to, or aren't worried about losing anything on the device.

Be sure you back up any data you want to keep, to a computer or cloud account, before doing the reset.

To "Hard Reset" the tablet...

1. Make sure that the tablet is actually powered off.

2. Remove your SD card, if there is one in the device.

3. Press the "Power" and the "Volume Up" buttons, together, until you see the start-up logo on the screen.

4. Once you can see the logo, release the buttons and allow the device to enter the "System Recovery Mode".

5. Next use "Volume Down" button to get to the "wipe data/factory reset" option.

6. When in recovery mode the "Volume Up" and "Volume Down" buttons are how to can navigate and highlight what option you need.

7. Once you have selected the "wipe data/factory reset", press the "Power" button to select that option.

8. On the following screen, repeatedly press the "Volume Down" button until the "Yes - delete all user data" option is what is selected.

9. Then press the "Power" button to hard reset the tablet.

10. If you took your SD card out in step 2, when the device is up and running again, reinsert the SD card.

Solution
If you did the "Hard Reset" and totally wiped the device, and the problem continued (and you didn't reinstall the old stuff) then it is likely are hardware problem and you have to decide if you are going to purchase a new device or get this one repaired. Unless it is under warranty, and then you should contact the manufacturer.

Now if it only happened again after you reinstalled your own stuff, it could still be something on the device. If that is the case, try the "Hard Reset" and don't reinstall anything for a while. See if it works fine then. If so, then you need to install things one at a time, and wait a bit in between, to see what is the item(s) that cause the problem.

Nov 23, 2019
It's working but no idea how long. I probably will get a new one but as long as my games work.
But if I want to binge watch guess it's my laptop I will be using. I prefer tablet because it's easy to take elsewhere