Sound of laptop fan after shutdown

steve1990

Honorable
Oct 27, 2013
Hello everyone,

I recently bought a new laptop. My concern is it normal to hear how the fan stops, like the pads of the fan are slowing down and then stop, after you shutdown your pc. I can't hear this on my brothers laptop which is not the same. It is asus x550vb. It doesn't overheat, or something similar, it only blows hot air when i play games, and never on web surfing of other stuff.

Thankyou

aevm

Distinguished
May 18, 2007
It's probably normal. Some fans are noisier than others. Maybe your brother got lucky and his fans are higher quality than yours. Or maybe your laptop is more powerful and needs more cooling and that means your fans rotate faster (more rpm means more noise, all other things being equal).

I would send a quick email to support, since this is a new product under warranty.

steve1990

Honorable
Oct 27, 2013
Just to make sure you understood me, this is the sound of fan slowing down during a few seconds. But during those few seconds i hear it. I was calling support and they said to me that i have to send my laptop for a check, but i can't afford to give out laptop for a week or two.