Sound problem that has not been resolved here yet (that I can find)

Zygmo1

Commendable
Feb 12, 2016
Hey Guys. I am using a Toshiba 28in TV as a monitor for my PC. I had previously used a 32in Insignia in the same manner, with no problems.

My setup is: A computer with HDMI out on the MB to the HDMI In on the TV. I RCA Cable out from the PC to an audio Mixer. RCA cable out from the Mixer to the Audio In on the back of the TV. This worked perfectly on the 32in, but I get no sound to the TV speakers on this 28in. Using just the HDMI cable I get great Picture (by setting up the TV for PC input), but no sound to the TV speakers. (The reason I am using a mixer is because I transfer Vinyl records and audio tapes to CDs and USBs.)

I know the TV speakers work because when connected to our Comcast Cable box, sound works perfectly. Also, when connected to the PC, I can change the Input on the TV remote to Component, or AV input, and then I get sound, but no Picture!!

Is the problem the fact that I am having to use an HDMI cable with this TV, because it has no VGA input? Could it be that my computer is not sending out audio through the HDMI, and I am getting a conflict between it and the RCA component cables when connecting both at the same time? . I can't remember if I ever checked the sound while using just an HDMI cable on the 32in.

I know the sound is being sent to the mixer, because I can monitor the sound from there with it's headphone output, and I know the sound is being sent from the mixer back to the computer through the Line in because I can record records and tapes to the HDD. (My mixer has Main Out and Tape Out which is how I output to the TV and Computer together)
By the way, I also ran this HDMI cable, and tried another one, from my Laptop HDMI out. No sound. I have gone through the TV's sound setup over and over with never a peep from the speakers.

Connecting with Toshiba Support, all I get is a User Manual to download, which has no help in it's trouble-shooting section for this problem. I have set up TVs and Monitors this way numerous times and never had this problem before.

Thanks for any suggestions you may have.
Dean.

Solution
Since HDMI combines audio and video in one cable there is no audio input associated with an HDMI input on your TV. A VGA or DVI input would have an audio input associated with it.
You should be able to set the audio to feed out of the HDMI in the audio or video control panel of the PC. No need for an additional cable.
Since HDMI combines audio and video in one cable there is no audio input associated with an HDMI input on your TV. A VGA or DVI input would have an audio input associated with it.
You should be able to set the audio to feed out of the HDMI in the audio or video control panel of the PC. No need for an additional cable.

Solution