Soundbar to PC sound delay

danmark2312

Estimable
Oct 5, 2014
Hello I have my soundbar connected to my PC the audio is very good, but it is also delayed!

When I turn on the soundbar it is fine, but after 10 minutes or so it gets worse, and after an hour it is really slow. This is a problem when playing games, because the sound comes after the action on screen. When I shoot a pistol, the sound comes 0,5 secs after or so.

I have tried to use the AV sync, but this only delays it even more. I can also see on my "windows audio display thing" (the one in the taskbar, bottom right) that the sound is registrated and is not delayed, so this has to be the soundbar.

I am connected to the soundbar with an optical cable.

That is actually a known issue with some optical connections. If you look in a manual for a TV or maybe the soundbar, it will tell you what to do if th sound is off.

The AV synch should have two settings, one to play ahead of the video and one to play behind it. If what you are doing is making it worse, look at the settings and go backwards.

danmark2312

Estimable
Oct 5, 2014

Hello, I'm using a nb 3530A LG soundbar :)

danmark2312

Estimable
Oct 5, 2014

The problem with the AV sync is that it only goes from 0-300 ms delay, I can't get a negative value out of it

Maybe what you are using does not have the same option. The one that VLC Media player has, you can pick a delay but going both ways. It's not really a negative, but a different option. So you still would have a .5 second delay but behind the video instead of ahead of it.

danmark2312

Estimable
Oct 5, 2014

Well I am not looking for 3rd party software to change my sound, but do you think changing to jacksticks would work? And would the sound still be as good as it is now?