Space Key is getting slightly harder to press!

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoMarshMellow

Estimable
Nov 26, 2015
Hello world, I have a laptop which I don't usually use for gaming but it has been 2 years since I had this laptop and I have only got one problem that can slightly affect my typing and low-graphic games. (Mostly Minecraft and Super Meat Boy) So far the space key on my laptop is getting slightly harder to press by the week! (Yes! By the week.)

I have a HP Pavilion SleekBook 14-b109sa, please give as many answers that can help fix this problem. I will also look for myself and inform you if this issue has disappeared.

Thank You.

Hi,

Here are few troubleshooting steps you might want to try.
- Uninstall/reinstall the keyboard driver.
- Do a System Restore, restore it back to an earlier date or time when it was working fine.
- Also, try an external keyboard and see if the same problem will persist.
- If it's happening with the external keyboard that means it's a software problem and factory reset would be your last resort.
- If it's not happening with the external keyboard that means it's a hardware problem meaning it's the built in keyboard.

Kenhumes

Estimable
Nov 26, 2015
Hey Laptop Nerd
Same kind of problem is with my laptop.
Whenever I use ctrl+ c then it doesn't work.. but it doesn't happen every time.. only in the case when I copy something from USB..
so I have to copy it with the help of mouse.. Any Advice??

YoMarshMellow

Estimable
Nov 26, 2015

I see what you mean but it not that, I'm sorry I didn't explain this well but my space key has some resistance to it as in you have to give it force to make it fully go down and sometimes it's already half way down and makes it awkward to press.

Clean out all the Dorito crumbs from beneath it. :D

Jomama466

Estimable
Jun 13, 2015

Use some canned air and hold the LT upside down and spray into the KB.

Larry_2

Estimable
Aug 27, 2015
Code:
[quote][quote][spoiler][list]
■ 
[/list][/spoiler][/quote][/quote]

Larry_2

Estimable
Aug 27, 2015
Try a can of compressed air . Or you could remove the keyboard and do a good cleaning. Most keyboards have just a few small screws , fip the lab top over you should be able to see witch ones go to the keyboard. But be easy the is a ribbon cable on the bottom that is attached to the motherboard. . You can buy a replacement keyboard for under $ 30 online. Let me know if this info help..

YoMarshMellow

Estimable
Nov 26, 2015
Wow, this is very old now... :pt1cable: But if any of you are still about this then, I found my fix to the prob. Just remove the space key on the keyboard untill you see the tiny springs and latches for pressing the keyboard. i found 2 latches which made it extremely hard to put the key back on because they both need to be in a speciific spot. So i just got a pair of tweasers and used that to pull one latch and it closes perfectly and was just like it when i first got it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS