speaker and amp set up

Pete_11

Commendable
Mar 1, 2016
hi, im a relative noob when it comes to PA systems. ive managed to get hold of some 2nd hand speakers. all at 8ohm . i have 2x 600w and 2x 300w and also a powered all in one system (2.1 with) . all 15inch subs. for dj/party use. i know i cant daisy chain the speakers or some of them thru the powered amp as its not fit for purpose , my question is do i need 2 separate amps ? will i also have to get something else to connect all the speakers into my mixer as its only a 2 channel / 2 output (master and booth) ....

Without the make and model number of the mixer in the all in one system it is hard to give you an exact answer.
Since these are all 15" subwoofers the amp would need to connect to the sub out on the mixer. If the mixer has the sub amp built in you would have to tap into the line level input to that internal amp to split it to drive additional amps for the additional subs. A speaker to line level converter might work if connected at the speaker level input of the 2.1 sub but they don't usually handle a ton of power.
The number of amp channels you would need depends on the amp. If it is powerful and stable enough a single channel would work for a bass amp. Likely you would use at least a two channel amp. Maybe two since the level controls would allow you to balance the levels of the different woofer.
You may also have too many subs to balance properly to the full range 2.0 speakers.

Pete_11

Commendable
Mar 1, 2016
thankyou for your response, since writing the original post i have followed advice given on the board and did some research and checked other simillar questions .

if right i have decided to go with the 2x600 and the all in one system . the 600's will do most of the work and i will use the other system for a monitor . i will keep the other 2 speakers as back up. just need to purchase a 2nd hand amp to power the 600s.

my 600w are made by njd and the sub/amp combo is a Gemini xtr 500 all purchased at bargain prices.

As gigs and events increase i will upgrade the system to something more of quality.