Speaker Placement in a Small Room

G

My listening room is small - approx 2.9m x 3.9m with a ceiling height of 2.6m.
I am using the isosceles triangle method to calculate the listening position relative to the speaker placements (and vice versa).

My current arrangement is with the speakers placed along a 'long' wall and with a tweeter-distance-apart of approx 2.5m my seating position places me almost against the wall behind me. To maintain the relativity of the triangle I really cannot place the speakers further apart. Conversely, if I place the speakers closer together and bring my seating forward I will only have only about 1m or so between my seat and the component cabinets, which sit between the speakers.

Placing the speakers along a 'short' wall seems totally impractical. Maximum tweeter-distance-apart would be about 2m and I would be almost sitting on top the component cabinets.

Any ideas on a better arrangement (or whether I should leave things as they are) would be appreciated.

Solution
The rule you are trying to follow is more for near field situations like at a mixing console or DAW. For general music listening it is one made to be broken.
Not knowing how the contents of the room are arranged my personal preference would to be have the speaker on the short wall maybe 1/4m from the side walls. Maybe towed in towards you (this would depend on the dispersion of the tweeter. Move your listening position from the back wall in until you are happy with the sound. This may not be the point where the lines would intersect.
If you try the long wall you could start with the speakers maybe 3m apart and you near the back wall. Start with the speaker pointing straight ahead and then try towing them in towards you. Some...
The rule you are trying to follow is more for near field situations like at a mixing console or DAW. For general music listening it is one made to be broken.
Not knowing how the contents of the room are arranged my personal preference would to be have the speaker on the short wall maybe 1/4m from the side walls. Maybe towed in towards you (this would depend on the dispersion of the tweeter. Move your listening position from the back wall in until you are happy with the sound. This may not be the point where the lines would intersect.
If you try the long wall you could start with the speakers maybe 3m apart and you near the back wall. Start with the speaker pointing straight ahead and then try towing them in towards you. Some speakers are designed to aim directly at you some to disperse the sound evenly in front of you. Don't be afraid to experiment.

Solution