Speaker plus sound card confusion....plz help needed urgent

KakaJeet

Honorable
Apr 2, 2012
I'm confused between which to choose between -
1) Logitech Z506 5.1 speakers & Asus Xonar DG sound card.
2) Logitech Z333 2.1 speakers & Asus Xonar DX sound card.
3) Sony SRS D9 2.1 speakers & Asus Xonar DG sound card.
I'll use it for mainly movies & games, less music.
I have the MSI Z170A PC Mate mobo with onboard Realtek ALC887 chipset with creative inspire t6300 5.1 speakers. My speakers are dying. And i have to place the rear speakers 8 feet up in a wall stand from ground level due to space problem.
I can't combine the choices like the dx sound card with the z506 or sony srs d9 because of tight budget.
Thnx in advance.

Solution

IMHO, Speakers are sooo subjective. What sounds good to one person could sound bad to another. I suggest that, if possible, go and listen to each setup. Pick the one that sounds the best to you. Take something that you are familiar with to play on each system, that way you are reducing the variables to hopefully get an "apples to apples" comparison.

KakaJeet

Honorable
Apr 2, 2012
I just want to get some 3d surround sound effects(virtual or analog 5.1) like the dolby technologies on xonar dx but the xonar dg has only headphone dolby and i dont use headphones. Mainly for movies and 1-2 hours of gaming. I hav heard a sound card sounds better than the onboard audio chips. Will the Z506 with Xonar DG sound better than onboard Realtek Alc887 & Creative inspire t6300.

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from KakaJeet : "Speaker within 7000 INR or 7k"

clarkjd

Distinguished

Unless you have audiophile speakers (and ears!) I doubt that you would notice the difference between the on-board audio and a sound card. Key word here is notice! The on-board sound of most modern motherboards is quite good.

KakaJeet

Honorable
Apr 2, 2012
Ya i'm going with the logitech z506 5.1.
Or should i go with the sony srs d9 2.1 ? these two cost same at 5.5k.
The logitech z333 is available at 3.3k, will it be as good as z506?

clarkjd

Distinguished

IMHO, Speakers are sooo subjective. What sounds good to one person could sound bad to another. I suggest that, if possible, go and listen to each setup. Pick the one that sounds the best to you. Take something that you are familiar with to play on each system, that way you are reducing the variables to hopefully get an "apples to apples" comparison.

Solution