Speaker Problem? Please help

nickdiaz

Honorable
Nov 22, 2012
So basically when i turn up the volume really loud the sound will go and it will be very quiet. The only way to fix it is to nudge the volume-spin button (dont know what its called) upwards and that seems to re capture the sound again but I have to turn the volume lower so it doesnt do it again. Does anyone know why this happens and how i can fix it? Its been a problem for years

It sounds like you are trying to play louder than the amplifier can handle and it is going into protection. You do not have a good match between speaker and amplifier. Either you don't have enough power or the impedance of the speaker is to low for the amp.
If it bothers you get more efficient speakers with the right impedance that will play louder with the power you have or get a more powerful and stable amp for the speakers you have. Or live with it and don't crank it up so much.

nickdiaz

Honorable
Nov 22, 2012
Then why does it get fixed when i nudge the volume button in its place? The thing is, if i hold it in that place, it wont screw up. So there must some sort of solution right? A way to keep it in that place?