Speaker wire connections are what color and what color are power connection wires

Apr 18, 2018
I want to wire in additional speakers to my bluetooth subwoofer when I open it up there are two connectors that lead into the speaker one is for the power the other is for the speakers wired which one do I connect the external wiring to my choices are a set of red white and black wires or the red and black only wires

Solution
If each channel (+ and - speaker connection) is using a 6ohm speaker as normal, there's 2 ways to add another.
In series or parallel. If you run in series, (+, - to +, -) you get 6ohm +6ohm =12ohm = half the volume.
In parallel (+ to +, - to -) you get 6ohm/2 = 3ohm = twice as loud = twice the power draw on the amp, IF the amp can handle a 3ohm load, (doubtfully) and not burn out rather quick.
First of all you don't want to connect to the power wires. Those are for the amp.

But here's the thing....by connecting extra speakers on the load side of the amp....you have to be careful about the total impedance connected to the amp. This can get complicated.

Karadjgne

Distinguished
Herald
If each channel (+ and - speaker connection) is using a 6ohm speaker as normal, there's 2 ways to add another.
In series or parallel. If you run in series, (+, - to +, -) you get 6ohm +6ohm =12ohm = half the volume.
In parallel (+ to +, - to -) you get 6ohm/2 = 3ohm = twice as loud = twice the power draw on the amp, IF the amp can handle a 3ohm load, (doubtfully) and not burn out rather quick.

Solution