Question speaker working no negative connection to stereo??

Jan 23, 2023
Trying to split off my speaker out puts for a second set if speakers. So i take all the negative wires and connect them together and connect to a on off switch that has a on off for a single common connection for 2 separate outs so i can turn one set off and another on by turning on or off each switch depriving one set of its negative connection. Turned the receiver on and it played no matter what position the switch was in. So i disconnected the switch part and turned the receiver on and the music started playing. NO Negative connection going to the receiver yet the speaker are playing music How is this even possible? Why??? how do i fix it if possible without having a separate switch for each neg connection

Jan 23, 2023
Trying to split off my speaker out puts for a second set if speakers. So i take all the negative wires and connect them together and connect to a on off switch that has a on off for a single common connection for 2 separate outs so i can turn one set off and another on by turning on or off each switch depriving one set of its negative connection. Turned the receiver on and it played no matter what position the switch was in. So i disconnected the switch part and turned the receiver on and the music started playing. NO Negative connection going to the receiver yet the speaker are playing music How is this even possible? Why??? how do i fix it if possible without having a separate switch for each neg connection
Figured it out and i dont feel stupid :) https://geekmusician.com/can-speakers-share-the-same-common-ground/