Speakers for Producer/Gamer

dragonalex155

Estimable
Jan 29, 2015
So I'm looking to get some new speakers that are good both producing music and for gaming. Atm I have some Sony Hi-Fi speakers which are pretty good but I don't feel they deliver enough bass. I've been thinking about the Klipsch Promedia 2.1, M-Audio AV40's and the Creative Gigaworks T20. Any other suggestions? Anyone had experience with multiple speaker sets and can give me their opinion on the best.

I'm looking for:
-£100-£200 speakers.
-Great bass that can shake a room.
-Good for both Music and Gaming.

Dogsnake

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2006
These are some of the best in my opinion (http://audioengineusa.com/Store/Powered-Speaker-Systems/A5-plus-B-Powered-Speakers). You can get them in white or bamboo also if that matters. In a self-powered speaker for music and game monitors these blow most everything else away. The company makes a sub if you think you need more low end. No PC powered speaker system shakes the room. But if what you want is great full range sound for your system Audioengine is a first choice.

dragonalex155

Estimable
Jan 29, 2015

They look great but they are too pricey. I'm looking in the 100-200 pounds price range

dragonalex155

Estimable
Jan 29, 2015

Yeah I'm leaning towards them at the moment. Although apparently the build quality isn't very good. What do you think?

sportsfanboy

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2008
the Klipsch 2.1 are great for mid end computer music or stereo gaming. but why do you want a 2.1 system for music production? For production, you should be looking at studio monitors that have good flat sound. The Klipsch sound great for the money, but i don't think they are very neutral, and neutral or flat sounding. non boosting speakers is what you should need.

Your budget is a little on the low side, so maybe go in the headphone direction instead. You will get more accurate full sound for the money. If interested I can recomend some around 200 USD or lower.

dragonalex155

Estimable
Jan 29, 2015

Haha, yeah I actually done some research and ending up figuring out the same thing. I'm getting the JBL LSR305. Which is apparently the best studio monitor in its price range :) I'm also getting an external soundcard for about 70 pound so that should improve sound quality even more.