Speakers made a gargling noise and are now extremely quiet

Joeysaurr

Honorable
Oct 14, 2013
As the title says, the speakers made a loud noise and since are only operating at far below usable volume even with the volume turned up full. I was hoping someone here could help find the fault and point me in the right direction of fixing it since I don't have the money to replace them right now,

The speakers in question are Corsair SP2500.

Is this with bass/center, or with satellites?
There are two possible problems:
- you've damaged speakers themselves. You will have to find out what are the specs (impedance, diameter), and replace them. Probably $50-$100 job.
- you've damaged the amplifier

There is no easy test to say what is the problem. Find out someone who knows about electronics to help you (a HAM radio club is a good starting point).

Edit: Just read the description at Corsair site. Each speaker probably has its own amplifier, and is rated at 2.2KOhm, "condenser" type. Even more difficult to diagnose.

Is this with bass/center, or with satellites?
There are two possible problems:
- you've damaged speakers themselves. You will have to find out what are the specs (impedance, diameter), and replace them. Probably $50-$100 job.
- you've damaged the amplifier

There is no easy test to say what is the problem. Find out someone who knows about electronics to help you (a HAM radio club is a good starting point).

Edit: Just read the description at Corsair site. Each speaker probably has its own amplifier, and is rated at 2.2KOhm, "condenser" type. Even more difficult to diagnose.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Audio 3
H Audio 0
Z Audio 21
TheLittlePotato Audio 0
jasonch Audio 0
C Audio 0
Dh100592 Audio 0
*BeAuTiFuL DiSaSt3R* Audio 1
D Audio 1
A Audio 3
adkozak Audio 1