Special Edition Xbox 360 Made for Modern Warfare 3

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AbdullahG

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]If your 12-15 this is cool for you, but us adult PC gamers that spend thousands every other year to get the best visuals and sound this is a laughing stock. BF3 will dominate and own your candy assed little punks just by showing up. 2560 x 1600 res, 16gb ddr3 1600, 2 x GTX 590s in SLI sucks to be you little console half baked 720p losers.[/citation]
Why do you show up when every news on consoles, MW3, and BF3 show up? You assume your a PC gamer yet you take no interest in the hardware you own, only in bragging. Console owners take you as an idiot considering they are budget cautious and take no action to spend thousands on a PC for just eye candy (pr0n is your case). They buy a console to play games. Not for high resolution gameplay, not for the eye candy; to play games! You seem to be the only immature adult PC gamer, so no one is on your side or supports you. Just so you know, BF3 isn't ground-breaking (only who knows anything about video gaming would know that it's just another pretty shooter). Oh, and by the way, no one believes you have that kind of system. Picture or no proof.

zulutech

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2011
I have a very nice system... I dont go around shoving the fact into peoples faces though, expecially for no intent, or positive purpose.
By the way, graphics and resolution isnt everything either. My favourite game is super mario bros.
It goes to show that you dont know what your talking about.
Your the kind of person that doesn't make games, (which are meant to be fun, fun. Not fun.

zulutech

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2011
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]If your 12-15 this is cool for you, but us adult PC gamers that spend thousands every other year to get the best visuals and sound this is a laughing stock. BF3 will dominate and own your candy assed little punks just by showing up. 2560 x 1600 res, 16gb ddr3 1600, 2 x GTX 590s in SLI sucks to be you little console half baked 720p losers.[/citation]
Last comment was meant to quote this guy.

11796pcs

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
Gameplay is always the most important- but for games like DiRT 2 and Crysis that have great gameplay the graphics just make the game shine for the few times when gameplay could be just a little better. Everyone remember a graphics showcase is boring yet amazing but a great game even pixelated to Hell is still fun yet unimpressive. When the two are combined magic happens (sorry I'm trying to get in touch with my inner Steve Jobs). By the way, how is a new XBOX 360 design news? We all knew there was going to be a special design for MW3

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
[citation][nom]AbdullahG[/nom]Why do you show up when every news on consoles, MW3, and BF3 show up? You assume your a PC gamer yet you take no interest in the hardware you own, only in bragging. Console owners take you as an idiot considering they are budget cautious and take no action to spend thousands on a PC for just eye candy (pr0n is your case). They buy a console to play games. Not for high resolution gameplay, not for the eye candy; to play games! You seem to be the only immature adult PC gamer, so no one is on your side or supports you. Just so you know, BF3 isn't ground-breaking (only who knows anything about video gaming would know that it's just another pretty shooter). Oh, and by the way, no one believes you have that kind of system. Picture or no proof.[/citation]

I do support him. And I saw some pics of his build. Looks great. I wouldn't spend THAT much on a PC (but only because I can't, lol), but it's great. I don't see what pr0n has to do with it, just so you know, pr0n looks the same on both Intel IGP and a GTX 590. Your accusations are childish and stupid. I don't agree with his shoving his rig up people's faces (make me jealous lol, the pics especially) , but you're even worse.

BF3 is just another shooter. Maybe so, because I didn't find BF2 to be exciting. But it's a great example of a game that'll look 10 times better on a PC than on a console. And there's a whole bunch of games like that. Sure, we don't want *just* graphics, some storyline and gameplay are nice, too. But I don't see myself ruining the immersion by using the crappy graphics on the console! I just don't! You say that console users are budget cautious... I say most of them are simply clueless. I saw people wasting money on garbage, then complaining they don't have enough for a decent PC and thus game on consoles. BS, all of it.

90% of console users just don't understand what they're missing. I have some friends who were absolutely sure there's no better graphics than Halo 3 until I showed them my PC. Others could probably get a good PC if they'd save some money instead of dumping $60 every time new CoD comes out and then complaining at how crappy it was.

And I'm not flaming consoles, I'm flaming YOU. This is a PC hardware website and obviously PC gamers will get upset at console "news" (HOW is the custom-painted Xbox any news to us? We don't CARE, because it proves the point again: nobody even pretends to care about quality games anymore. They just keep re-releasing Xbox in custom paints (and STILL didn't make a Mass Effect one, lol), this is pure trolling. At some point even console fanboys will get pissed. I'm tired of writing same arguments in every console thread.

And if eye candy for you isn't part of the game, you need help. It's called "immersion" and it's something consoles don't have anymore. Great game consists of great storyline, gameplay AND graphics. I've heard that Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale are great, and being a fan of D&D system (love NWN and KOTOR!) I decided to try them out. Can't; my eyes hurt from this graphics, no matter the screen size (tried on my netbook, still hurts).

[citation][nom]11796pcs[/nom] By the way, how is a new XBOX 360 design news? We all knew there was going to be a special design for MW3[/citation]

News aren't necessarily something we didn't predict. THAT is called "surprising news".

bennaye

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2011
You do NOT need 320 GB to store "all that extra DLC". What you need is a wallet that comes with credit cards and lots and lots of cash. The cash cow is due for its annual milking, and everyone will want some of your milk.

To be completely serious, a 120 GB HDD could store all the DLC you could ever want.

yapchagi

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2010
[citation][nom]Wish I Was Wealthy[/nom]But than again,I may try this for once in my life on my 42 " inch Sony HD 720 LCD.[/citation]

True. But at least consoles should be able to play it in Medium detail and reach 30 fps at 1280x720 and upscale it to 1080p.
I mean look at Rage. They managed to get it to 60 fps on consoles! Yeah I'm sure they must have toned down the graphics settings A LOT, but it still looks damn good. It's all about the coding and game engine.

yapchagi

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2010
[citation][nom]caedenv[/nom]I saw the MW3 trailers... no way an X360 is going to play that with all the eye-candy turned on and keep a decent frame rate.[/citation]

True. But at least consoles should be able to play it in Medium detail and reach 30 fps at 1280x720 and upscale it to 1080p.
I mean look at Rage. They managed to get it to 60 fps on consoles! Yeah I'm sure they must have toned down the graphics settings A LOT, but it still looks damn good. It's all about the coding and game engine.

AbdullahG

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
[citation][nom]amk-aka-phantom[/nom]I do support him. And I saw some pics of his build. Looks great. I wouldn't spend THAT much on a PC (but only because I can't, lol), but it's great. I don't see what pr0n has to do with it, just so you know, pr0n looks the same on both Intel IGP and a GTX 590. Your accusations are childish and stupid. I don't agree with his shoving his rig up people's faces (make me jealous lol, the pics especially) , but you're even worse.BF3 is just another shooter. Maybe so, because I didn't find BF2 to be exciting. But it's a great example of a game that'll look 10 times better on a PC than on a console. And there's a whole bunch of games like that. Sure, we don't want *just* graphics, some storyline and gameplay are nice, too. But I don't see myself ruining the immersion by using the crappy graphics on the console! I just don't! You say that console users are budget cautious... I say most of them are simply clueless. I saw people wasting money on garbage, then complaining they don't have enough for a decent PC and thus game on consoles. BS, all of it.90% of console users just don't understand what they're missing. I have some friends who were absolutely sure there's no better graphics than Halo 3 until I showed them my PC. Others could probably get a good PC if they'd save some money instead of dumping $60 every time new CoD comes out and then complaining at how crappy it was.And I'm not flaming consoles, I'm flaming YOU. This is a PC hardware website and obviously PC gamers will get upset at console "news" (HOW is the custom-painted Xbox any news to us? We don't CARE, because it proves the point again: nobody even pretends to care about quality games anymore. They just keep re-releasing Xbox in custom paints (and STILL didn't make a Mass Effect one, lol), this is pure trolling. At some point even console fanboys will get pissed. I'm tired of writing same arguments in every console thread.And if eye candy for you isn't part of the game, you need help. It's called "immersion" and it's something consoles don't have anymore. Great game consists of great storyline, gameplay AND graphics. I've heard that Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale are great, and being a fan of D&D system (love NWN and KOTOR!) I decided to try them out. Can't; my eyes hurt from this graphics, no matter the screen size (tried on my netbook, still hurts). News aren't necessarily something we didn't predict. THAT is called "surprising news".[/citation]
Going to the extend where you think every console gamer is idiotic for owning a console is just plain childish. It's their choice for buying console. they don't care what they are missing out. They just want something for cheap that will play their games. You're just as foolish for agreeing with him.

AbdullahG

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
@amk-aka-phantom Oh, and by the way, Tom's has a forum on consoles gaming (which consists of hardware if you didn't know), so I don't know what your talking about with Tom's being ALL about PCs.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]amk-aka-phantom[/nom]I do support him. And I saw some pics of his build. Looks great. I wouldn't spend THAT much on a PC (but only because I can't, lol), but it's great. I don't see what pr0n has to do with it, just so you know, pr0n looks the same on both Intel IGP and a GTX 590. Your accusations are childish and stupid. I don't agree with his shoving his rig up people's faces (make me jealous lol, the pics especially) , but you're even worse.BF3 is just another shooter. Maybe so, because I didn't find BF2 to be exciting. But it's a great example of a game that'll look 10 times better on a PC than on a console. And there's a whole bunch of games like that. Sure, we don't want *just* graphics, some storyline and gameplay are nice, too. But I don't see myself ruining the immersion by using the crappy graphics on the console! I just don't! You say that console users are budget cautious... I say most of them are simply clueless. I saw people wasting money on garbage, then complaining they don't have enough for a decent PC and thus game on consoles. BS, all of it.90% of console users just don't understand what they're missing. I have some friends who were absolutely sure there's no better graphics than Halo 3 until I showed them my PC. Others could probably get a good PC if they'd save some money instead of dumping $60 every time new CoD comes out and then complaining at how crappy it was.And I'm not flaming consoles, I'm flaming YOU. This is a PC hardware website and obviously PC gamers will get upset at console "news" (HOW is the custom-painted Xbox any news to us? We don't CARE, because it proves the point again: nobody even pretends to care about quality games anymore. They just keep re-releasing Xbox in custom paints (and STILL didn't make a Mass Effect one, lol), this is pure trolling. At some point even console fanboys will get pissed. I'm tired of writing same arguments in every console thread.And if eye candy for you isn't part of the game, you need help. It's called "immersion" and it's something consoles don't have anymore. Great game consists of great storyline, gameplay AND graphics. I've heard that Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale are great, and being a fan of D&D system (love NWN and KOTOR!) I decided to try them out. Can't; my eyes hurt from this graphics, no matter the screen size (tried on my netbook, still hurts). News aren't necessarily something we didn't predict. THAT is called "surprising news".[/citation]
You're the kind of "gamer" that sums up most of the new gamers. A game for you is just as good as it's graphics and even in your own words you admit it. You're not a gamer you're an eye candy freak. A true gamer would game even if the graphics are not the best in the business, as long the game is good.

I guess the reason me and most gamers from my generation have this view is because we started playing games that even when far away from the TV I could still see the pixels. This doesn't mean I don't enjoy fantastic graphics, but graphics should be a tool to improve the gaming experience not something that defines the game.

I still prefer to game on my PC, but sometimes I also game on my PS3/Xbox360 and even sometimes on the Wii and still have a great time.

I also have tons of friends that game exclusively on the console and I never heard a single one say that the console has better graphics that a PC. Sure there exists a few misinformed people, but to say 90% is an exaggeration and a number that you simply taken out of your hat at random.

True that games on consoles are more expensive, but there's still a lot of ground to cover in terms of costs. With the price of a console I can barely buy a basic computer, let alone one that is capable of gaming. Heck, my GPU was more expensive than the PS3 and Xbox360 together.

AbdullahG

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
[citation][nom]Vladislaus[/nom]You're the kind of "gamer" that sums up most of the new gamers. A game for you is just as good as it's graphics and even in your own words you admit it. You're not a gamer you're an eye candy freak. A true gamer would game even if the graphics are not the best in the business, as long the game is good.I guess the reason me and most gamers from my generation have this view is because we started playing games that even when far away from the TV I could still see the pixels. This doesn't mean I don't enjoy fantastic graphics, but graphics should be a tool to improve the gaming experience not something that defines the game.I still prefer to game on my PC, but sometimes I also game on my PS3/Xbox360 and even sometimes on the Wii and still have a great time.I also have tons of friends that game exclusively on the console and I never heard a single one say that the console has better graphics that a PC. Sure there exists a few misinformed people, but to say 90% is an exaggeration and a number that you simply taken out of your hat at random.True that games on consoles are more expensive, but there's still a lot of ground to cover in terms of costs. With the price of a console I can barely buy a basic computer, let alone one that is capable of gaming. Heck, my GPU was more expensive than the PS3 and Xbox360 together.[/citation]

I completely agree with you. I'm new to PC gaming, but it's not because of graphics. In fact, I honestly think the price to build a great gaming PC doesn't justify the boost in performance and graphics compared to consoles. I've been a long time console gamer. I didn't care about PC gaming. I knew it was superior to consoles, but I wanted something that comes in a package and can play the games I want, not for high resolution, immersive gameplay that would cost a fortune. My console is just a fraction of the cost of most high end gaming PCs and plays games at 30 FPS or 60 FPS depending on the game which is enough for me. Eventually, I went into PC gaming. I wanted to try something new. I wanted to see what made PC gaming so great. I honestly didn't see much improvement graphic wise coming from consoles (probably was the game though), but I felt the gameplay was smooth. I was given more freedom when it come to PC gaming than console gaming. I could mod and alter the game in some way. I built the PC myself and that was something to be proud of, not something I brag about. It wasn't the best, but I was that sense of accomplishment that was enough for me. Unfortunately, PC gaming wasn't as good as I though when I meet PC gaming fanboys. It honestly wanted me to go back to consoles. I love PC gaming, sometimes more than console gaming, but I don't take it to the extent thinking console gamers are idiots and should switch to PC gaming.

Kileak

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2010
399$ for a coloured outdated console? Alright!!

If you play COD you probably already have a couple 360s lying around red-circling to death so a new one with a shiny casing will help a lot...

399$ is the price of a 6970, which would allow even a dual core CPU from 3 years+ ago to play MW3 at better resolution / graphics AND with a mouse. Even then, a 6970 is overkill for that outdated graphics engine.

cats_Paw

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2007
The funniest thing is some people will actually buy it just for the looks. My pc case is pure black, and if i ever wanted it to have a theme, id paint it myself, with my taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.