Speedfan Temp3 ridiculously low, -128c

wutangfan

Honorable
May 20, 2013
On my speedfan all my temperatures are pretty normal except for temp3. It's -128c?? I'm worried that Speedfan isn't reading my temperatures right and that my gpu temp could really be 80c or something. Why is this temperature so low?

Solution
I agree with randomizer. You can check the speedfan website and see if someone else has already created a profile for your make/model motherboard. try several profiles to see which works best. If all are showing an invalid temp then the sensor is either not functionig properly or it's not connected or most likely speedfan can't read that sensor properly.

You can also try HWMonitor and see what it reads.

wutangfan

Honorable
May 20, 2013
I have a seperate GPU temp I'm just saying -128c seems really unlikely and that the program might be reading everything wrong. So my GPU temp that's at like 30-35 could actually be 80c

randomizer

Distinguished
It's probably a disconnected sensor, or one that Speedfan doesn't know how to read. You could try another application to see if you can get something meaningful from it or just ignore it and concentrate on the ones that look realistic. This sort of thing isn't uncommon.

Hawkeye22

Distinguished
I agree with randomizer. You can check the speedfan website and see if someone else has already created a profile for your make/model motherboard. try several profiles to see which works best. If all are showing an invalid temp then the sensor is either not functionig properly or it's not connected or most likely speedfan can't read that sensor properly.

You can also try HWMonitor and see what it reads.

Solution