Spider Combines Laptop, Tablet, Phone, Handheld

Status
Not open for further replies.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
you see that handheld, i had the EXACT SAME IDEA for ipod touch gen 1
FINALLY someone used it and possibly we see a real viable games on android, and not just throw away games.

come on, be such a great success that it forces apple to tip their hat and offer similar.

and in all honesty, this would be perfect for gaming.
it allows portable gaming with the base device, and the handheld
allows bigger gaming screen with the tablet
and allows for more complete controls with the laptop.

this could make android the be all end all of mobile gaming soon.

i honestly never thought that they would make nearly exactly what the need to compete with actual gaming platforms.

speakmymind

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
Now if you lose your spider phone, you lose your phone, your laptop, your tablet and your gaming handheld. what a interesting concept.:)

DSpider

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2009
There were adaptors for the iOS devices, as early as 2008-2009 or so, so it's nothing new. In fact, if you think about it, the earliest "controller-screen" combo was the SEGA Dreamcast controller add-on. So it's nothing new there either.

They should've added the tablet as part of the laptop, like the Asus Transformer.

I mean, if you gonna copy, copy big.

danwat1234

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Very cool. Now if there was a way to run x86 software on it so it could be your main computer..if someone can make fast emulation software, that would be it

archange

Distinguished
May 7, 2007
[citation][nom]DSpider[/nom]... They should've added the tablet as part of the laptop, like the Asus Transformer.I mean, if you gonna copy, copy big.[/citation]

Except that would stop the phone being used as a trackpad, which was the whole point of the design. What that would do, however, is make the tablet a bit more expensive and the laptop a bit cheaper.

Plus, they stated that the laptop would have a bigger screen. And on that subject: 1280x800 on a smartphone sounds sweet. I do remote desktop and ssh from my phone - so I would kill for this right now :D

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
[citation][nom]eklipz330[/nom]hmmm i think... this has been done before... not too sure... but maybe... earlier this year? -_-[/citation]
The ATRIX phone becomes a laptop.

The Sony phone becomes a gaming pad.

So far, no phone that becomes a tablet, let alone all 3, that I've seen.

I want this phone, dang it!

MeanSquare

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2008
I've been saying there should be something like this for years. Fortunately, unlike [insert patent-troll here], I didn't patent the concept because I actually wanted someone to develop it. :)

jonnyhuk2

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2008
If we're getting 1280x800 resolution on a 4.5 inch screen, can we please have more than 1080 lines on a 24 inch screen?!

archange

Distinguished
May 7, 2007
[citation][nom]jonnyhuk2[/nom]If we're getting 1280x800 resolution on a 4.5 inch screen, can we please have more than 1080 lines on a 24 inch screen?![/citation]

This goes to show you how Hollywood manages to actually hold back progress. Thanks for the 16:9 ftw! :(

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
whats the price for each of the addons?

The laptop like addon will have to well below $100, the tablet will also have to be well below $100

and the controller will have too be around $20 or less.

Other companies that have tried making a laptop like add on for a smartphone have failed because for the price, you can easily get a much faster netbook running a full OS that can be dual booted and work standalone.

Tijok

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2010
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]The ATRIX phone becomes a laptop.The Sony phone becomes a gaming pad.So far, no phone that becomes a tablet, let alone all 3, that I've seen.[/citation]

This, just like the Atrix and the Transformer, is a more refined version of the idea already implemented by these guys:

http://alwaysinnovating.com/products/smartbook.htm

Like DSpider said;

[citation][nom]DSpider[/nom]...if you gonna copy, copy big.[/citation]

Status
Not open for further replies.