Spilled beer on laptop

0nur

Commendable
Aug 10, 2016
Hello, I spilled beer on my laptop a week ago. I immediately turned it off and removed battery and the bios battery. Then I took it apart and left it to dry. I purchased a spray for cleaning circuit boards and cleaned the motherboard with an old toothbrush. There was no beer stains on motherboard but I still cleaned it just to be sure. Today I put the laptop together and inserted a new keyboard but it does not work. The old keyboard also does not work. So I do not know what I should be doing right now, should I clean the keyboard port once again? By the way, the laptop is a Dell 15R 5521. Any help appreciated.

Edit: Someone asked me this so I think I need to update the post. Laptop boots -although with some errors- but the keyboard does not respond.

cin19

Distinguished
Recommend go to the local PC shop ask for help, because I guess you don't have right tool to test your laptop.
Or if you do know the keyboard is broken due to the beer( water) damage, may buy the new keyboard. But make sure it is the only part that is broken, otherwise you may waste the money if the laptop has other problem.

0nur

Commendable
Aug 10, 2016

I already bought and tried a new keyboard, the ribbon connector on the motherboard does not work I guess. Today I tried an external keyboard and it worked. Question is how do I fix the ribbon connector on the motherboard?