Solved! Spilled drink into laptop, now it won't load windows

bgclevenger

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
ok, here's the situation. i have a dell d430 laptop that was running windows 7 just fine and dandy until my wife spilled some of her wine onto it. i took everything apart and cleaned it what best i could. it sat for a few hours and after i tried to turn it on, i got nothing.

the next day, the laptop would power on and i could access bios ok, but when attempting to load windows, the system would restart, try to load windows again then restart again on and on. since i had just backed everything up, i wiped the hard drive to do a fresh install.

i tried windows xp, vista, and 7, and none of them will load. i get the screen "windows is loading files", but once they are it reboots, etc etc.

interestingly enough, ubuntu will load just fine which i think is a good sign. however, since this is my wife's machine and she's not ready to learn a new os, i'd much rather get windows up and running for her.

any thought, ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

brian

Solution
Try to swap out or at least re-seat the RAM. Video card may have issues also, if it starts to use the Windows full drivers, it can hit damaged areas and crash.

Can you start in Safe Mode?