retiredrambler

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2010
Hello,
can you split hd signal and connect cable signal with it. My Mother-In-Law lives with us and I want to hook the Cable in her room but there is only one line in the house through the basement.

mrtired

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2010
As long as your system still supports an analog carrier, there's no reason you can't install a splitter at the point-of-entry. She will only be able to access channels 2-100 unless you rent her a HD box.

retiredrambler

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2010

Every time I try and split the signal I Lose the HD. What am I doing wrong? Do I need a Signal booster or something?

retiredrambler

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2010
Believe it or not I could not find a 2Gh splitter here so went online and ordered 2. One arrived today but am waiting for the other as I belive I have to have them both on, 1 downstairs at the junction and the other at her TV, before it will work. Will let you know. 1 more question would be if it only has 1 input do I use that as the line going to her TV and 2 of the outputs for cable and HD?

retiredrambler

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2010

I did get 2 2Ghz splitters and when I connect them both downstairs and up in her room I LOSE the Signal for the DirectTv completely. The cable works GREAT but the DirecTV HD signal in case the whole signal disapperas and all I get is Searching for Sattelite Signal. Any other ideas.