Solved! Splitscreen Setup for 2 xbox ones on one tv.

Apr 2, 2018
So me and my roommate are always playing online together but it's annoying having to be in seperate rooms while playing online together. So I came up with the idea of using a multiviewer on the t.v. make its splitscreen while plugging up both of our Xbox one's to the inputs. So far I haven't gotten to try it yet still waiting on the multiviewer. I believe it should work just the screen might be stretched a little but possibly adjusting the Xbox one settings to 720p it shouldn't be to noticeable. The only part I'm stuck on is how I'm going to get sound from both Xbox consoles. Of course with a multiviewer you only get sound from one of the inputs your on as I've read anyways. I was thinking about using my sound bar as well as his and directly hooking them up to the Xbox consoles via HDMI or usb. Has anyone tried to do any of this? Will it work? Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you!

Solution
Never tried doing it. My first concern is if your multiviewer will add input lag.

As for sound you could both use headset, probably better than 2 sets of speakers drowning each other out.

10tacle

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008
Honestly I don't even see how this is possible without Microsoft encoding an option in the OS to allow connectivity tying of two consoles to one TV. You are thinking that if a multiview HDMI switch works for cable boxes and showing multiple programs on one TV windowed/split then it should work for consoles. Not the case at all. I"m not an expert by any means on the subject, but I'd reach out to MS's Xbox support team and ask before buying anything.

Apr 2, 2018

Apr 2, 2018
Yeh idk if it will cause input lag. I seen a review on one multiviewer on Amazon and a woman said both her son's use multiscreen with two xbox and said it worked fine. Just had to reduce to 720p to minimize a stretch look but I'll play around with that and see.
With the sound yeh that's a good idea but where would you plug the 2 headphones in?

Apr 2, 2018
Other than that the only other solution I've seen is a video on how to live stream through a game streaming program on a pc as a third party to the tv. But this dawned on me as being a much simplier solution. Essentially I'm trying to make online gaming a natural splitscreen for two consoles.