Sprint 55 vs. T-Mobile 55+ vs. Consumer Cellular: Which Is Best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kep55

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
The downside to any of these plans is all the carriers basically gouge the users with their pricing for both air time and phones.

Jun 19, 2018
I went with Tracfone 6 months ago and simply love it. I got the Samsung Galaxie J3 for $99, ( which is currently going for $69). I bought a 365 day prepaid plan for $125, which works out to $10.42 month. I don't make many calls or used much data.

GR8BigCheese

Prominent
Jun 25, 2017
I'm surprised that the T-Mobile pricing structure isn't mentioned at all. Sprint charges a lot for taxes and fees while T-Mobile absorbs it (as it should be). Advertised prices should be "all-in". With Sprint, you pay close to $10 extra in some areas.

bockofma

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2010
Searched for the least expensive cell service for my spouse who rarely uses her telephone. Used Tracfone for a year, and then learned about Red Pocket Mobile. Couldn't be more satisfied! Price, customer service, reliability - everything - is great!

Jun 30, 2018
You left out one critical aspect: Customer Service. Having been with T-Mobile and now Consumer Cellular (for the last several years), my experience has been that there is absolutely no comparison. Consumer Cellular is fantastic to deal with. My time with T-Mobile was anything but!

Status
Not open for further replies.