Sprint EVO 4G Users Getting Android 2.2 Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

There is an abusive moron born every minute. Soldier37 seems to be the one in this case. If you don't like the phone, don't buy it. If you liked it you would buy it. Shut up and let us enjoy our phones. Why are you even reading about this phone if you don't like it?

G

Soldier37 obviously hasnt owned an evo. if he had he would love it and buy an extra battery... lol

chi-bear

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2010
I have an EVO and I am in Jacksonville Florida. I get 4g in certain places which I have come to know so i turn it on. I LOVE IT. Especially when I get to use QIK on 4g. It is super crisp. While I am a bit upset that they went cheapo on the screen using tft instead of led or something more crisp when it comes to video playback, I love the phone. Downloading 2,2 as I type. Can't wait to see what it offers. Best hone ever. Iphone 4 users still buying duct tape to get reception? lmao.

G

For those of you who have not yet received the FroYo update - you can still watch Flash videos on your android device by downloading Skyfire Mobile Browser. Skyfire saves battery life as well, so maybe that will help you out Soldier37.

Goro

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2008
Motorola needs to get their act together and start rolling out at least 2.0 on most of their phones.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]DroidLife[/nom]For those of you who have not yet received the FroYo update - you can still watch Flash videos on your android device by downloading Skyfire Mobile Browser. Skyfire saves battery life as well, so maybe that will help you out Soldier37.[/citation]

Skyfire worked like a charm for me before I got Froyo. I loved it and was surprised at how easy it was on the battery.

airborne11b

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2008
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]How can you be happy when you get 2 hours of battery life with 4G turned on, well for those 4 people that actually get 4G that is...Evo = Fail... Dell Streak ftw 5 inches will plow over your puny evo screen![/citation]

I use my evo all day with 3G on and only turn on 4G for watching videos, then I hit the widget and turn it off. It lasts a solid 8 hours for me, as it's running at about 10% battery every day when I get home from work. So I don't see how the battery life is some sort of an issue.

And a spare battery is only like 40 bucks, even if it bothered you. Man some kids are such jews.

And Dell WHAT ftw? I've never heard of it, must be junk.

and the evo screen isn't big enough? O_O ???? Man are you blind? They make accessories for your face now a days, they're called "glasses". You should try em out some time, might fix your eye problem. I suggest seeing an optometrist to get a good prescription, oh an optometrist is an "eye doctor" of sorts, just in case you didn't know.

maxiim

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
I don't know when I would have recieved my upgrade for the 2.2 version so I spent like 5 mintues spamming the HTC Software Upgrade, and I got it, took maybe 3 minutes to install and everything. It is amazing, friend has an iPhone4 now and it does not compare. The EVO 4G right now is the best phone out there for sure.

Steven Bancroft

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2008
[citation][nom]airborne11b[/nom]And a spare battery is only like 40 bucks, even if it bothered you. Man some kids are such jews.[/citation]

Your argument lost credibility when you needlessly insulted jews.

G

Just got the update; no WiFi tethering; still just the 'Sprint Hotspot' paid option...

Still worth it though....

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
Installed Froyo on my Evo last night, simply an awesome upgrade.

FYI there still is USB tethering as there always was so yes you can share your EVO internet connection with one pc connected via use FOR FREE.

drksilenc

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2009
[citation][nom]chi-bear[/nom]I have an EVO and I am in Jacksonville Florida. I get 4g in certain places which I have come to know so i turn it on. I LOVE IT. Especially when I get to use QIK on 4g. It is super crisp. While I am a bit upset that they went cheapo on the screen using tft instead of led or something more crisp when it comes to video playback, I love the phone. Downloading 2,2 as I type. Can't wait to see what it offers. Best hone ever. Iphone 4 users still buying duct tape to get reception? lmao.[/citation]
um one thing your wayyy off on they didnt cheep out on the tft it was a great idea. all there phones are going away from amoled because samsung is jipping them out thats why the incred was so far backordered.

melvis72

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2009
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]How can you be happy when you get 2 hours of battery life with 4G turned on, well for those 4 people that actually get 4G that is...Evo = Fail... Dell Streak ftw 5 inches will plow over your puny evo screen![/citation]

Do you ever shut up with the mindless crap that comes out of your mouth?!?!?! Do us all a favor you troll and shut up with your I'm better than everyone crap, nobody cares and nobody like you but yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.