Sprint Lawsuit Against AT&T/T-Mobile Merger Moves Forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

DroKing

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
No shoot.... it is clearly anti-competition AT&T stop being in denial you already took cingular... you need more? stop getting fatter and start improving your system RETARDED company

Naxos

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
[citation][nom]droking[/nom]No shoot.... it is clearly anti-competition AT&T stop being in denial you already took cingular... you need more? stop getting fatter and start improving your system RETARDED company[/citation]

Getting T-Mobile would be improving their system...

zilnicra

Distinguished
May 7, 2009
[citation][nom]Naxos[/nom]Getting T-Mobile would be improving their system...[/citation]
it would... however it is by far not the most cost effective way to do it... 38 billion to buy the company... ATT could spend 10 billion to get everything it would get (infastructure wise) by purchasing tmobile. so i guess all the tmobile subscribers and the reduction of competition is worth 28 billion USD to ATT....sounds like ATT owes deutsche telecom a pile of loot for something else to me

flip_x

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2007
[citation][nom]zilnicra[/nom]it would... however it is by far not the most cost effective way to do it... 38 billion to buy the company... ATT could spend 10 billion to get everything it would get (infastructure wise) by purchasing tmobile. so i guess all the tmobile subscribers and the reduction of competition is worth 28 billion USD to ATT....sounds like ATT owes deutsche telecom a pile of loot for something else to me[/citation]

You do realize that it can take 1-2 years to get 1 tower approved in a city? it could take years and years to get the upgrade done.. while this could take 2-3 years and gain many more towers..

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
[citation][nom]Naxos[/nom]Getting T-Mobile would be improving their system...[/citation]
I fail to see how acquiring T-Mobile would improve AT&T's system. T-Mobile has a smaller coverage area than AT&T within the US. T-Mobile's coverage area lies within AT&T's current coverage area. The only thing AT&T is interested in is the spectrum that T-Mobile has, as well as the customers. AT&T is not enlarging their network....they're simply improving the coverage in the areas they already serve. They'll still have to build and upgrade towers to increase their overall coverage area.

TeraMedia

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2006
@flip_x: How does AT&T's acquisition of T-Mobile gain towers? Rather than X million AT&T customers serviced by A thousand towers, and Y million T-mobile customers serviced by B thousand towers, they'll have X+Y million customers serviced by A+B thousand towers. Sort of. In reality, most wireless providers with the same signal types either lease the same towers from a third party, or share cross-leasing agreements with each other to reduce coverage costs. AT&T is playing a FUD game based on a bunch of BS to try to snooker the FCC and FTC into allowing them to buy T-mobile. That would give AT&T a near-perfect monopoly on GSM-based services in the U.S. It is unconscionable that the government is even entertaining this discussion. Unleash the masks and the 99%, I say.

G

AT&T has the best service and the best iPhones. iPhones are the best phone ever, no matter who you are.

TeraMedia

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2006
@rorky: either you have a very dry sarcasm, or well... let's just hope you have a very dry sarcasm and leave it at that.

ThisIsMe

Distinguished
May 15, 2009
[citation][nom]zilnicra[/nom]it would... however it is by far not the most cost effective way to do it... 38 billion to buy the company... ATT could spend 10 billion to get everything it would get (infastructure wise) by purchasing tmobile. so i guess all the tmobile subscribers and the reduction of competition is worth 28 billion USD to ATT....sounds like ATT owes deutsche telecom a pile of loot for something else to me[/citation]
at&t wants it all. Not just more towers, but the whole package. They get the subscribers, the income, the infrastructure, and the added bandwidth from T-mobile's spectrum. You can't buy that for $10 billion.

Verizon did the same thing when it bought out Alltel. The sad thing is the only thing at&t had to say about it was they wanted the few remaining GSM locations in the midwest that Alltel still held from it's creation from several previous mergers. The Verizon Alltel merger enabled Verizon to expand it's 3G network to a nationwide status and offer a faster roll out of 4G. It also allowed them to increase their actual signal to ground coverage ratio because Alltel was made up of what used to be small cell companies that serviced rural areas or areas that would otherwise have spotty or poor service from the larger companies who mostly serviced "the big cities."

So, all you guys who want a fair game and want more competition should really want at&t to complete the merger. Otherwise you will just have Verizon jacking it's prices up more and more cuz they can.

fordry06

Distinguished
May 21, 2009
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]AT&T and T-Mobile work on different frequencies. T-Mobile customer's would have to get all new equipment or they'll be stuck on Edge. Good luck with that.[/citation]

Umm, they aren't just going to operate on att's frequencies only. the current tmobile network infrastructure isn't going to change much meaning the tmobile phones will work fine still. They just might now work as well in some areas that still have att towers.

Status
Not open for further replies.