Sprint Selling iPhone 5 with Unlimited Data in October

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoemayne

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2009
the best thing this would do is force verizon and at&t to offer true unlimited. hopefully they dont try to offer unlimited only for the iphone..... which wouldnt surprise me at all.

silky salamandr

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2009
Ive had sprint for 10 years and my service is perfect. Ive always said that sprint is the best until you have to call customer service. I ask them to transfer me right back to America.

Anyways I didnt really want to see the iphone on sprint because somehow I think they will change their unlimited plans like the others that carry the iphone.

G

Not sure who would pay $99.99 for unlimited voice and data when you can pay $79.99 for unlimited mobile-to-mobile, unlimited data, and 450 anytime minutes to landlines. Unless the majority of your minutes are to landlines, which most people's aren't, it makes no sense to go with the plan mentioned in this article so good job on not making it relevant to what most people would get.

G

Good for Sprint! I changed to Sprint from AT&T three months ago and I'm thrilled with Sprint! I CONSTANTLY dropped calls on AT&T regardless of where I was in So.Cal and with three separate handsets including two different iPhones and a Samsung Android device. Then AT&T had the nerve to limit my data and charge me more for the privilege of all those dropped calls and inconvenience. That tore it ... I even paid a $100 ETF to get the hell away from AT&T.

By the way, I get more consistent coverage and havent had a single dropped call yet with Sprint. I'm in outside sales and cover a territory that is roughly all of Southern California ... AT&T certainly couldn't match that performance. Honestly folks, give Sprint a try, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised and if nothing else, Sprint's customer service is light years ahead of AT&T!

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]Only one problem. It's on Sprint. My calls were constantly dropped on their network.[/citation]
that used to happen before they acquired NEXTEL....now Sprint is doing really well...can't wait for my Verizon contract to expire

Travis Beane

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
[citation][nom]letsbefair[/nom]Not sure who would pay $99.99 for unlimited voice and data when you can pay $79.99 for unlimited mobile-to-mobile, unlimited data, and 450 anytime minutes to landlines. Unless the majority of your minutes are to landlines, which most people's aren't, it makes no sense to go with the plan mentioned in this article so good job on not making it relevant to what most people would get.[/citation]
I would in a heartbeat.
I have 1.5GB/month on my phone, and limited minutes, and I pay $80/month...
[citation][nom]etk[/nom]Unlimited Data on sprint is like driving on the autobahn in a golf cart.[/citation]
I'd do it. Dual turbos and a tank of nitrometh please. :)

nikorr

Distinguished
[citation][nom]house70[/nom]Welcome to the real world... the end of unlimited as Sprint knows it.[/citation]

I think 1 year will get them enough contracts and that's that.

caparc

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2009
ISP's are obsessed with charging for bandwidth because, and only because, it's a way to gouge consumers. My impression is the incremental cost of GB is low but there will always be network congestion eventually unless something is done to encourage thrifty behavior. Network management software could be created that throttles the hogs and allocates available network resources equitably to users. How about more speed in off hours? How about slowing me down during peak hours after I've exceeded my "allowance" rather than extra charges? There are a lot of ways to manage network capacity besides charges for bandwidth.

Cell phone companies have always treated their customers like suckers at the carnival. I don't have a data plan and have no plans to have one.

AbdullahG

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
@soldier37 It's sooo funny to find trolls like you on every possible news article about something that pisses you off. By the way, if your SUCH an iPhone lover, why can't you even spell it's name correctly?

AbdullahG

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
[citation][nom]FlagOnThePlay[/nom]@AbdullahG - I think you meant "you're" as in "you are" as in "if you are SUCH an iPhone lover". Pot (smoke more noob). Kettle. Hypocrite.[/citation]
It's called a small mistake; deal with it. I don't know why your so butt hurt about it (someone makes a mistake such as that on the internet and you assume they smoke pot; childish if you ask me). I didn't continuously make the same mistake over and over again, unlike what soldier37 did. My point isn't how he keeps making the constant mistake of misspelling iPhone, it's about how he is so obsessed with the iPhone and assumes it's this thing over everything, yet it seems he knows nothing about it. You honestly don't know soldier37. He's infamous for his constant ranting about anything that pisses him off, which includes consoles and CoD. You'll find him on any article about them.

Flap

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2011
The only good thing about the Iphone 5 (which more likely will be a 4S) is that it will bring down the prices. Probably there won't be any amazing new feature, but still the competition will make other cell phones develop faster.

The best thing was seeing stupid people commenting the fake video with iphone 5 olographic keyboard "I will get straight away". LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.