Sprint to Acquire Virgin Mobile USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBradley

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2008
Next day Headlines:
"75% of Virgin Mobile consumers opt out of their contract!"

As a computer store employee and networker on the side, I've found setting up Air Cards from Sprint for some people the most annoying shit I've ever had to do and dealing with Sprint's Customer Care is a joke. I'll never spend a dime on anything from sprint.

gestalt

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2009
...old news is old. Pretty sure Sprint has owned Virgin Mobile for the last two years. Look at any Virgin Mobile packaging and you will find the Sprint Logo because like most prepaid services, they rely on the sprint towers (see Boost Mobile, Tracfone, Net10...)

AndrewMD

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
Gestalt,

Virgin Mobile is what is called in the industry as a MVNOs (Mobile Virtual Network Operator). It is not uncommom to see the logo of the company's network they are using.

To learn more about this look here:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_virtual_network_operator

thejerk

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
"Sprint plans to maintain the Virgin Mobile brand and run it alongside with Sprint’s own Boost Mobile business, each catering to different customer demographics."

=

"Boost Mobile for black people, Virgin Mobile for white people."

Since Kanye and Ludacris did a Boost Mobile commercial, maybe they'll get Nickleback to do the Virgin Mobile commercials. Oooh, maybe the Dave Matthews Band will be up for it.

indigoataxia

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2008
I use virgin mobile with a kyocera wildcard. I have no complaints on anything. I spend $10 a month for 1000 texts which is all I need. I never talk because Id rather be texting. And the phone was $40 at target last black friday and has a full qwerty keyboard and 1.3 mp cam. I hope they dont increase the rate plans because im all about saving $$

G

I've been a very satisfied Virgin mobile customer for years...if they up my rate plan 1 friggin penny!, I'm dumping them!

#!@$! mergers...There are too many mergers nowadays...

edflux

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2009
I've been a customer of Sprint for a long time and since Dan Hesse came in, customer service has improved dramatically (

edflux

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2009
I've been a customer of Sprint for a long time and since Dan Hesse came in, customer service has improved dramatically (

edflux

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2009
Sorry about the doublepost, love it when OSX crashes. Here's the rest= 1min. wait vs 1hr. sometimes! Not to mention the fact that I can data and voice roam on Verizon for free is nice, but lately I don't roam nearly as much. Plus, if you have crappy service at home and complain they'll cut you a deal on an Airave. Everytime i've complained, they've bent over backwards to keep me. Their everything plans are pretty inexpensive too.

Status
Not open for further replies.