Solved! SSD reporting wrong size after reinstall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 11, 2021
Hey all new to TH, hope someone can help -

My mate reinstalled windows on my laptop (clean install) which has a normal HD and an SSD of 80gb. He wiped the partitions ( about 7/8 of them) until I was left with just two unallocated drives the HD and the SSD. But now my SSD says it is 10.5GB instead of 80GB. I have googled everywhere and tried various ideas suggested using Disk Management software but can't get it to show correct size. I'm not good with tech and could use a walkthrough of how to fix it. Thanks for any help

You may have already been there, but in the search bar enter Computer Manage and click on Run as Administrator. Now select Disk Management under Storage and you should see two Disks (your HDD and your SDD). Click View in the menu and make sure Graphical View is selected for either Top or Bottom. One disk should be the overall size of the HDD and one the overall size of the SSD. Observe how the SSD is split up into partitions. That total space should be about equal to the 80GB you expect. Tell me what the partitions (divisions) are and what size they are. A screen shot would be great.

Mar 11, 2021
@rgd1101 it is an Alienware M17x . The service tag is J968VY1
Heres the link of my Screenshot showing the problem. I already changed from RAID to AHCI using guide. it didn't do anything. Still have a 10GB SSD instead of 80gb. PLz help me get it back to what it was. Even a clean Windows install has done nothing to change it back

View: https://imgur.com/xUAo2vt

xUAo2vt.png

@AlHuneke There aren't any partitions. They were deleted, as explained.

OAy27d1.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.