I bought this computer Jan 2016 with the solid state drive. It has always run hot and I thought the SSD s didn't do that. Today I let the battery run out and when I connected the ac adapter on, I got nothing. My husband is taking the battery out and running that process.
Why is the SSd always running hot? And do you know a fix?
Are you guys sure that it was the SSD that was running hot or was it something else inside the laptop? Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First, rest the laptop for an hour or 2 just to cool it down for bit then see if it will boot up after.
- Next is to do a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If it will still not work, remove the battery again then power the laptop with just the charger connected.
- If the laptop will still not boot without the battery connected, try a different AC adapter then has the same voltage and see if that will work or not.
- Proceed with reseating the RAM's if it will still not booting up, remove all the RAM's for couple of seconds then put them back in.
- Lastly, if all these will not work the problem would be the motherboard itself.
- If you can remove the SSD as well see if it will boot up without it as well.
If the laptop will boot up but you've identified that it's really the SSD that is overheating I would suggest considering on replacing it as well because it may just cause more damage in the long run.