Star Wars: Dark Forces Heading to PSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rahbot

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2008
I still have my org copy with the box and book. I also have DF2 I love that so much more then the first.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
dark forces was awesome. I played it far more than any doom or quake. and Jedi Knight II was probably my favourite Quake III era fps too. (though not for the shooting). I too dream of a proper non lamed squeal for that. Force unleashed just doesn't cut it.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]IronRyan21[/nom]A Call of Duty-ish Dark Forces Sequel would be awesome! Dark Forces was my first FPS game![/citation]
There was already a Dark Forces sequel, 3 of them (if you count JK3 as an actual game rather than a glorified expansion pack).

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]husker[/nom]Jedi Academy was also great.[/citation]
Yeah, but it was really just an expansion. Packaging it as a sequel seemed rather cheap to me, since it used the same engine (with a few improvements), made slight changes to gameplay, and had a new campaign to show off said changes.

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
This game was awesome back in the day. It was probably the best Star Wars game at the time, maybe next to X-Wing. The sequels pretty much improved on it, but KOTOR is easily the best Star Wars game and series at present. Kind of dumb how LucasArts has ditched both franchises. I want true sequels that expand on the stories and gameplay.

cracklint

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2008
Jedi outcast was epic at the time, gotta love saberrealistic 9. Made you feel like a true jedi badass wacking off limbs, torsos, and heads with a single swing. Bring back that bad assery to current starwars games and you got yourself some sales

NightLight

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2004
[citation][nom]cracklint[/nom]Bring back that bad assery to current starwars games and you got yourself some sales[/citation]

I agree. This is also true for space sims like Xwing, just
as long as they don't make it "arcade" like all the crap they're throwing out there now. Give us control of a snubfighter with modern day graphics!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.