Star Wars Getting 3D Re-release Starting 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxwarlock

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2008
Is it just me, or does Lucaus remind anyone else of the old washed up ex highschool football player, that keeps reminding everyone about his one touchdown that won the state finals?

He's milking his past achievements for all its worth, without doing anything remotely commendable in 30 years.. and the milk dried up long ago.

kyee7k

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2006
Can't Lucas develop something other than Star Wars or Indiana Jones. Be creative; stop living off a dead horse, already. Also, stopping making Clone Wars cartoon--we already know the ending.

Perhaps, it's time to move on to the Thrawn era.
Too bad Lucas has an ironclad contract, like Paramount did to Rodenberry after The Motion Picture.

1haplo

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
George is riding this cash cow for everything... I did VHS and DVD, I'm glad I didn't do Laser Disk or Blue-Ray yet. Cant wait until Star Wars in Hologram!

dxwarlock

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2008
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]You all will go see it so stop your bitching.[/citation]
no we wont, I didn't go see any of the other ones, only time I watched them is if they was on cable and nothing better was on..and still was a hard tossup between the 1 hour sham-wow infomercial and the starwars marathon.

sejin

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2010
I got to admit, even though it'd be great for him to focus on another series, I think the 3d versions would be something interesting to see. I've forgotten what episode 1 and 2 were about but thats a good reason to see it in 3d.

70camaross396

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010
I heard how bad both episode 1 and 2 were, and didnt pay to go see them. I went to Revenge of the sith just so I could see him become Darth Vader, it didnt suck, but it wasnt that great either. I saw the marathon on Spike. glad I dint pay to see those. I wont pay to see that crap in 3d either. maybe when the orignal trilogy come out in 3d i will catch it on the half price matinee, but i refuse to pay $10 a ticket to see them.

mikem_90

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
Btw: personally, I like the Red Letter Media evisceration of the Star Wars movies. If you've not seen it, go watch them on Youtube, its a lot of laughs.

I think they played something about this on NPR last night, because I dreamed someone was narrating a new release of the Star Wars movies, re-edited to be more gritty and surreal, new ship landing animations, and with 15 minutes more of mostly just re-looped video.

Status
Not open for further replies.