Starbucks: Free WiFi for Everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

evnthehead

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
Free WiFi would make my venti iced skinny 2 pump white mocha triple double half caff low fat no foam caramel macchiato with nutmeg, chocolate shavings and sweet n low that much better...

evolve60

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
thats cool and all, but what happens when people start downloading and suddenly hundreds of gigs have been and their AT&T bill is over hundreds of dollers?

If it were me, I'd use this hot-spot to start downloading as much as I can before I'm done my venti sized coffee, cause I know I'll get my $8.64 worth of money back.

tokenz

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2006
[citation][nom]evnthehead[/nom]Free WiFi would make my venti iced skinny 2 pump white mocha triple double half caff low fat no foam caramel macchiato with nutmeg, chocolate shavings and sweet n low that much better...[/citation]

Wow I would hyperventilate just saying that. Im simple though I take mine black.

razercultmember1

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
[citation][nom]evnthehead[/nom]Free WiFi would make my venti iced skinny 2 pump white mocha triple double half caff low fat no foam caramel macchiato with nutmeg, chocolate shavings and sweet n low that much better...[/citation]

I take mine Dark Cherry Mocha Iced.nomnomnom

rbarone69

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
Starbuck's core competency is selling coffee, not selling internet access. The idea that they can keep people there drinking more (high profit margin) coffee by giving them free internet is good business on their part!

If it gets too crowded and people hate the people with laptops they will start going to Tim Horton’s or Dunkin Donuts causing Starbucks to rethink matters.

Until then, we'll just have to deal with the others that like to be seen writing in public.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007

Everytime they make a balls of your order, add an extra word.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
My local grocery store has free wifi and a starbucks...
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]Everytime they fuck up your order, add an extra word.[/citation]
And I've had a mod tell me to stop swearing... must be good to be king.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]anamaniac[/nom]My local grocery store has free wifi and a starbucks...And I've had a mod tell me to stop swearing... must be good to be king.[/citation]

Oh poop, you're right. Me and my gutter-mouth. And that's Queen to you, pleb! ;)

WarraWarra

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2007
LMAO you suckers, in Europe / rest of planet earth it has been free in StarBucks, McDonalds and several other places but not even free internet can make the bitter burnt acidic junk in a cup make me go into a Starbucks.

Since they changed their coffee to Nescafe default supplier around about 2005/2006 their coffee became horrible.

I frequently travel outside USA so I can visit real coffee / cake shops using real coffee that you can actually drink 8 cups off and still want more so I am used to real coffee and decent cakes / cookies / muffins ect. and I can smell the difference walking 100yards away from Starbucks.

Either way in Europe only Americans stop at Starbucks and a few lemmings / sheep so most of the time with free internet their places are not that full and likely the same will happen here.

They are only trying to pacth the non broken part of their company instead of dealing with the problem = low sales = horrible coffee. More feet will not result in more sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.