Starcraft 2 on a netbook ?

bjsm

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2011
Hello all, I am posting this just to tell anyone who's wondering if Starcraft 2 can be played on a netbook that I tested it. I haven't seen a lot of info about this on the net so here I am, kindhearted letting you guys know ! :eek:

The answer is yes, my toshiba T210D-007 can run Starcraft 2 surprisingly smoothly. I get an average of 30 fps in campagin, and 1v1 online modes. I was quite impressed that this actually worked.

My netbook specs are a little higher than an entry-level netbook you can usually get, but still, its a netbook !

Toshiba T210D-007 Satellite :

-11,6 inch screen

-320 GB hard drive

-3 GB DDR3 RAM

-AMD Athlon k-125 processor

-Windows 7 64 bits Home edition

-HDMI port

-ATI Radeon HD 4250

Would love to have any feedback on this !

Thanks for reading

Solution

Yes, still pretty impressive to get good performace out of a small case. The marketing for "netbooks" is a bit off at times. netbook, should be a laptop that pretty much runs basic applications, one that is good for web browsing "NETbook", documents, etc...

Once you get to fast CPUs, video cards, etc..., it's a small laptop (like the old Compaq 300 series, IBM X laptops, etc...).

The worst thing almost everyone that buys a true netbook does, is just buy it blindly because it's cheap and cute without actually...

bjsm

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2011
But, it's still 11,6 '. Call it whatever you want for me, it's a netbook. Small laptops in my opinion are 13' + but whatever, still impressive to run this game from a 'netbook' or ' small laptop'.

Have a good one

Yes, still pretty impressive to get good performace out of a small case. The marketing for "netbooks" is a bit off at times. netbook, should be a laptop that pretty much runs basic applications, one that is good for web browsing "NETbook", documents, etc...

Once you get to fast CPUs, video cards, etc..., it's a small laptop (like the old Compaq 300 series, IBM X laptops, etc...).

The worst thing almost everyone that buys a true netbook does, is just buy it blindly because it's cheap and cute without actually looking to see what it can run. That's why we get so many posts here about "netbook can't play HD video" "netbook can't play any of my games", etc...

Solution

bjsm

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2011
The worst thing almost everyone that buys a true netbook does, is just buy it blindly because it's cheap and cute without actually looking to see what it can run. That's why we get so many posts here about "netbook can't play HD video" "netbook can't play any of my games", etc...

I know, you're 100% right on that one, people have to learn that a typical Netbook is only ment for basic basic stuff.