static audio on pc

Solution
try shooting a small blast of electronic cleaner into the F ends (or a small amount of rubbing alcohol on a qtip carefully inserting to clean the contacts) and dry with a shot of canned air and see if that helps.

If not it may be the contacts of the splitter are no longer making proper contact, and a replacement is the only fix in that case.

Sometimes the static can be eliminated by pulling slightly on the ends forcing the wider end of the plug to make contact against the connector, I have to do that on one of my cables - annoying but not enough to warrant a replacement (yet)...
try shooting a small blast of electronic cleaner into the F ends (or a small amount of rubbing alcohol on a qtip carefully inserting to clean the contacts) and dry with a shot of canned air and see if that helps.

If not it may be the contacts of the splitter are no longer making proper contact, and a replacement is the only fix in that case.

Sometimes the static can be eliminated by pulling slightly on the ends forcing the wider end of the plug to make contact against the connector, I have to do that on one of my cables - annoying but not enough to warrant a replacement (yet)...

Solution

TRENDING THREADS