Static in Headphones cause of interface ?

TGDimension

Honorable
Oct 31, 2013
Hey so I have a pair of Sony MDRCD900ST headphones, connecting to a Focusrite scarlett 2i2. I will sometimes consistently hear a static sound, without knowing the cause. I read around thinking it would be static electricity build up on myself so I try discharging myself by touching the metal legs of my desk or something, but the static is still there. The only sure way of having the static disappear is for me to touch my audio interface; I will lay my left palm on it while I browse around with my mouse, but then of course I need to use my keyboard so I will move my hands and the static sound is sometimes still there. I would like to know what is causing this annoying static/buzzing and get rid of it once and for all : ( (note: I had this problem even a couple years ago when I first got the interface, but less frequent and less noticeably.)

As for other things connected to the interface, I have an AT2035 microphone, and thats it. Sometimes I think rubbing the interface fixes the problem temporarily, but I will haer the static sometime sooner or later.

TGDimension

Honorable
Oct 31, 2013

Hey is there a way to test if it is a ground loop issue? I searched up a USB ground loop isolator and those seem quite expensive to handle this one issue.

I also found out that if i touch my foot against the side of my computer case the humming lessens, and if i touch the inside portion of the case (hands, feet works too) the humming also stops.