Static like Cracking Noise from Computer Speakers/Headphones

Status
Not open for further replies.

jellars

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2006
Bought some new speakers for my upstairs PC (Logitech Z523, got em for 49$) anyways, I plugged them in and I noticed I was starting to get a lot of cracking noises from certain music, So i unplug them and plug in my headphones and now i'm hearing cracking on them too! Now I know theres nothing wrong with the headset as I can plug them into my Ipod and they work just fine still.

Anyone got any ideas wtf is on the go here, I'm at a loss.

a cracked connection or damaged audio jack, dirty jack can cause that kind of problem.
does the computer have front and rear audio (green color) jacks?
you may be able to use the alternate jack, clean the jack by spraying a SMALL amount of high quality cleaner into the jack (put the plug in and rotate it around when the cleaner is still wet) High quality cleaner means: Deoxit 100, Caig chemical Co. www.caig.com
but there is no guarantee that cleaning will fix the problem, and as I said, it might have a broken solder connection...etc, which commonly causes static crackling (it crackles in rhythm with the music)
but what can be done is remove the motherboard and repair / re-solder the problem. and a person with the appropriate tools, skill level could fix it.
but I don't recommend an inexperienced person try to repair this type of defect.

jellars

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2006

Yeah the problem is exactly what your are describing (cracks in rhythm). Its basically a brand new motherboard (http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813188055&cm_re=p55-_-13-188-055-_-Product) I've only had it for around 2 months... I'm willing to attempt to solder (But not entirely sure what/where needs to be soldered to fix this), or should I just let EVGA handle it?

Edit- Yeah my computer has a 2 front jacks and 6 on the back, I've tried all the audio out ones their all experiencing this problem now.

jellars

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2006
Okay Update on this, I've narrowed down the problem to SLI. When I turn on SLI speakers go nuts, when SLI is off speakers are fine. Wouldn't mind using SLI from time to time guys, anyone know whats on the go here?

Status
Not open for further replies.