static noise in my headphones from my computer

Epic24

Estimable
Jan 26, 2016
there is a static noise in my headphones but its not my headphones its my computer can anyone help me? :D

Solution
Headphone:

Amplifier:

Soundcard:

USB or 1/8":

The static you hear is likely a ground issue though. More often than not, if you're using 3.5mm (1/8"), the problem is the cable itself. A lot of the times, 3 poles doesn't work, or 4 poles doesn't work, the difference inside the plug could literally be 1mm, and that could be what's causing it. Try using 3 pole 3.5mm and then a 4 pole 3.5mm cable.

pokrazip

Estimable
Jan 21, 2016

Inside your PC, there are many parts that generate electrical interference, so the sounds can be that. Also, if have nice headphones and you're using a crappy audio source like your plain old front audio jack, it could be picking up static and sounds from that.

Epic24

Estimable
Jan 26, 2016

I have jacks in the back but idk which ones to use ( im using a razer kraken headset) there is a mic port, L-Out, L-In, SS-OUT, CS-Out, and RS-Out.

Headphone:

Amplifier:

Soundcard:

USB or 1/8":

The static you hear is likely a ground issue though. More often than not, if you're using 3.5mm (1/8"), the problem is the cable itself. A lot of the times, 3 poles doesn't work, or 4 poles doesn't work, the difference inside the plug could literally be 1mm, and that could be what's causing it. Try using 3 pole 3.5mm and then a 4 pole 3.5mm cable.

Solution

Tomha1

Commendable
Oct 19, 2016

Thanks lol, worked but my 2nd screen just got green lmao xD

Tomha1

Commendable
Oct 19, 2016

Haha lmao, as i said the screen got green right, greenscreen lol. But the thing was, I bumped into the VGS of the second screen hahah, yes i know... VGS screens suck, but its my 2nd screen so idgaf