Steam Beta for Ubuntu May Arrive in October

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TuffLittleUnit

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
Hmmm ... not sure I really fancy a return to the days of technical jiggery pokery to get a game to run. Quite often optimising AUTOEXEC.BAT and CONFIG.SYS so that you could run the game with your SoundBlaster, mouse and joystick was more satisfying than completing the game. Win7 is an awesome platform when you sit back and look objectively at what it provides.

deanjo

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2008
[citation][nom]TuffLittleUnit[/nom]Hmmm ... not sure I really fancy a return to the days of technical jiggery pokery to get a game to run. Quite often optimising AUTOEXEC.BAT and CONFIG.SYS so that you could run the game with your SoundBlaster, mouse and joystick was more satisfying than completing the game. Win7 is an awesome platform when you sit back and look objectively at what it provides.[/citation]

Your post is proof that "ignorance is bliss" if you think getting a game to run on Linux requires technical jiggly.

proffet

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012
this will be BIG....

I'm concerned about all the bugs and compatibility issues at first.
but believe me when I say and mean this, GOODLUCK with it.
not to be too skeptical but Linux and gaming hasn't really taken off yet, not to Windows level..

Status
Not open for further replies.