(Steam games) Headphones don't work, speakers do

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDewm

Commendable
May 18, 2016
For the past few days, my audio has been nonexistent in three Steam games. Let me make that clear, three Steam games: Portal 2, American Truck Simulator, and Bus Driver. Every other game works fine, and every other thing on my computer works fine (Chrome, youtube, discord, etc.). I think it might be worth noting I installed Portal 2 coulpe months ago, and the other two games about a week ago. I've also installed other games after those two, and their audio works.

I've been looking for fixes most of today and last night to no avail. I've tried reinstalling drivers, I've tried reinstalling steam and the games themselves, I've tried a bunch of other minor stuff in my device settings, as well as my sound settings, I've disabled sound enhancements (it recommended it when I did a troubleshoot), and many other things.

As in the title, I tried it with my speaker, and they worked. But I still can't get it to work with my headphones. Does anyone have any advice or help? I feel like I've tried everything, and I've looked at every result on Google that looked useful.

I don't know if this is the right forum page, or even if this is appropriate to put on a hardware website, but I tried asking on Steam and out of the three responses, one recommend something I already tried and never replied back, and the other two were "hahaha" and "gg". Much help.

Also worth noting: I use Razer Kraken 7.1, and my speakers are a simple iHome speaker I got a couple years ago (I don't use speakers so no need to get good ones). I also built the computer myself, don't think it's necessary to post specs though.

McDewm

Commendable
May 18, 2016

I never unplug my headphones, they're plugged in all the time. But yes, I've made sure of that.

McDewm

Commendable
May 18, 2016
Nevermind, Razer is stupid. Decided to shorten my search on google to just "game audio problems" and I found out that for some reason Razer was muting certain games in the Synapse mixer tab. No idea why, but it works for me. Guess I never needed to reinstall all those drivers or Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.