Steam Keeps Modern Warfare 2 Locked Til Thurs.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

etrnl_frost

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2009
re: the above, I know Gamespy is not a developer, or Windows Live, but the point is more or less that there are now sometimes multiple accounts - see Dragon age, where you have to get onto EA's site for dlc, BioWare's beta site for login, and on top of this you're logging into Steam to play a game.

Whatever happened to "just being on Steam"?

kezix_69

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
I think that the changes to MW 2 might actually help the PC community. I know that not having dedicated servers might take some getting used to, but personally what I enjoy most about playing games like this online is playing it with a buddy and rocking some fools... The smaller maps (9v9 sounds great) are usually more fun anyway.

In the MW 1 playing with a friend was a PAIN THE A** unless you installed Xfire... which was annoying because not everyone was forced to get on xfire so lot of times I wouldn't see my friends online even though they were playing. This version is going to fix that which was my biggest gripe.

Now I am still waiting to see if fixing this part and ruining the rest of the usual PC FPS experience is going to work out or not but time will tell I guess...

G

This DRM bullshit simply does NOT work. If you pay for a product you should be able to use it, especially on the friggin release date! What's the point? Pay good money and get delayed on using a legally obtained product or just fucking download it for free and start using it a week ago. No wonder piracy is rampant, these greedy crooked companies push more and more people to it.

RADIO_ACTIVE

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
I just see no reason to buy this game :( and I was looking forward to it months ago. But with all of the latest dissapointments in online play, I didnt even pre-order it.

landerx74

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2008
HAHAHAHA!! That is hilarious. No explanation on why or anything. This is too rich. But seriously PC users are being F**ED like a transvestite in prison. Steam sucks anyway. I only use it to browse games and download demos.

G

umm, you can't lean in this game anymore. This game is funny because it took 6 lines of code to port it over to the PC. That's worth 10 bucks in my book...

kelldore

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2009
Lovely...perhaps next time they will ask us pretty pretty please with cherries on top to wait just a smidgen longer to play the aborted fetus of a so called console port?

G

[citation][nom]waxdart[/nom]Nope I think you're spot on. Console games have set PC games back 15 years. After a point its not about graphics or sounds. Controls and screen integration make the game feel, well, playable. I've no problem with two UI systems. One for close up sat at a monitor and another for TV sat 10feet away. but the two shouldn't be mixed and its an unprofessional development company that things it can do so.[/citation]

That's not always the case. For example, the recent release on Steam of Dragon Age coincided with with in-store release.

dtm4trix

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2008
I will not be buying this game no matter what until they decide to run dedicated servers. If they do not then so be it. I guess IW has become a console developer more then anything.

jgiron

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008
2 days is nothing. Chill out.
It's the principal of the matter, when you buy a game you expect to play it right away. You should't have to wait for a third party to unlock it. Especially, if it is past the release date.

Nossy

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2005
Quote :
2 days is nothing. Chill out.

LOL. You buy a burger from McD at noon for lunch through the drive thru and you have to wait til dinner time to eat it.

fracture

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
At least make it $39.95 or something. $59.95 on freakin Steam and you have to wait longer to play? Come on dude. I mean, I like Steam's weekend deals and stuff but come on dude. It's not like the people who buy it on Steam is gonna get the manual or the little coupons that usually comes with games. Shoot, come on dude, come on.

Ironkidz

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2006
i purchased the game last night for PC and I have been playing all night! Just go to best buy or gamestop and get it!

Status
Not open for further replies.