steam virus attention!!!!!!!!!!

apapablack

Estimable
Jun 3, 2014
do not friend unknown people in steam as they may text you this
something like a screenshot (i don't want to publish the link cause someone might press it)
especially if you are trading in cs:go lounge they may friend you so they van text you the above
do not press **run** under no circumstances
steam support has not answered yet and i don't think the are are going to
If you do that he has full control of your account and can purchase and sell any thing he likes
we haven't envisioned anything like this to other games but do keep it in mind

please share this so that at least steam support will deal with this issue

4745454b

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2006
Treatable in what way? If you are going to be item trading in steam you really should do investigating first. I even saw a tutorial a few days ago talking about how to find out if the item is a dup. You can have them look into the profile of the person, but from what I've read it is often a hijacked account. Not much can be done from what I know.

apapablack

Estimable
Jun 3, 2014
should i take other precautions such as not access facebook or other accounts on my pc as they may have access to those too or even if i create a new steam account will they be able to have access to it too?
what do you know as i have heard that it has been going on for a while now...

4745454b

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2006
You should be fine. It's my understanding that all it does is give them access to your steam account. From there they can steal your items or change your password. If you have your items and have already changed your password then there isn't much more to be done. It doesn't give them access to your PC or other accounts. Just your steam stuff.

apapablack

Estimable
Jun 3, 2014

So the situation is the following:
when i understood that something was going on ,as my friends received messages i did not send, i went ahead and locked my account so no further unauthorised purchases were made because i saw my steam wallet to decrease suddenly.
As a result, I still have some money left on my wallet and also some of the items in my csgo inventory.
The question is will i be able as soon as i unlock my account to keep those features without them being stolen, is it really over yet?