Steam Will Not Work

Famousdane

Commendable
Apr 24, 2016
so i have had this problem for about a year now. the only thing on my steam that will load is my library and friends list. everything else gives me

Error Code: -102

Unable to connect to server. Server may be offline or you may not be connected to the internet.

i can assure you i am connected to internet and the server is online because i can get on steam on my phone. but i really like betting on csgo and i cant because the steam website wont load either, i just get the same message. i have looked everywhere and i dont see anyone with the problem as severe as mine and they usually have an easy fix. none of these fixes work for me and i am starting to get tired of not being able to use steam

Solution

After doing some hunting on goggle it turns out this error can be thrown if the remote side refuses to connect. Contact steam and see what they say, its possible they have blocked your ip for some reason or another.

Matt.

matthewkeogh50

Estimable
May 23, 2015
Hi there,

Quite a strange problem you have there.......... Is your firewall blocking access to Steam by any chance? If it does not work on both the APP and a web browser you have something blocking your connection somewhere.

Good luck,
Matt.

Famousdane

Commendable
Apr 24, 2016

matthewkeogh50

Estimable
May 23, 2015

After doing some hunting on goggle it turns out this error can be thrown if the remote side refuses to connect. Contact steam and see what they say, its possible they have blocked your ip for some reason or another.

Matt.

Solution