Steelseries Siberia V2 right side does not always quite work.

TheDentist

Estimable
May 5, 2015
So I got a new Steelseries Siberia V2 orange this Christmas and about a month ago the right side dropped out, after a while I figured out that flicking my finger against the mute/sound box halfways the cable would fix the problem for some time. If the box touches my arm or something again I can start flicking again though... Does anyone know a solution and if it falls under my warrenty?

Solution
It sounds like a dodgy contact

If it's within warranty I'd ship it back. I think my SIberia V2 came with 2 years of warranty, so you should be good on that. If you have/can get the receipt, that is.

Or it can probably be fixed rather easily by opening that box and do some soldering, or removing the box and connecting the cables from either side (volume should then be at 100% and you will have to use the other options for volume control available to you).
Either of these options would definitely void your warranty.

Maarsch

Honorable
Sep 14, 2012
It sounds like a dodgy contact

If it's within warranty I'd ship it back. I think my SIberia V2 came with 2 years of warranty, so you should be good on that. If you have/can get the receipt, that is.

Or it can probably be fixed rather easily by opening that box and do some soldering, or removing the box and connecting the cables from either side (volume should then be at 100% and you will have to use the other options for volume control available to you).
Either of these options would definitely void your warranty.

Solution