Stereo jack help building

spray2000

Estimable
Dec 2, 2015
Ok, I want to know if anyone can help me. I bought a stereo jack for my headphones and when it came it's all taken apart, I'm guessing that means I have to put it togethor and I seriously don't know how. I will send pics if you need any!

Solution
That is a 1/4' 3 conductor phono plug that is used for many things including headphones. Whether it is a 3.5mm or 1/4" stereo plug it will need to be soldered to the cables from the headphones. Doesn't sound like you are familiar with this stuff. Any repair tech could do it for you.
Some headphone cables are not meant to be soldered to and will have a coating that resists solder.

Shaun o

Distinguished
Do you mean you bought a new Jack end for the set of headphones you have but need to solder the wires of the headphones to the jack.

And are you asking what wires got to what solder points of the Jack when soldering ?

If so. there will be two wires for the left headphone speaker, and two wires for the right headphone speaker.

The two bare copper wires for the left and right headphone speakers are the common ground.

And should be twisted together. and soldered to the main long back of the internal jack, where the wire can be crimped.

The two wires that are left are soldered to the two smaller tabs or tongues of the jack you see to the left and right.

Left + feed Right+ feed.

Giving stereo sound.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=2.5mm+audio+jack+wiring&espv=2&biw=2844&bih=1530&tbm=isch&imgil=-qWpCFczOwE-nM%253A%253BD8qrW_avQEwTcM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fsuperuser.com%25252Fquestions%25252F230300%25252Fhelp-me-convert-my-gaming-headset-plugs-mic-stereo-sound-to-a-single-2-5mm-m&source=iu&pf=m&fir=-qWpCFczOwE-nM%253A%252CD8qrW_avQEwTcM%252C_&usg=__SS6yW5m4UERIyW7ZSRPu1JxLoeM%3D&dpr=0.9&ved=0ahUKEwiR14GRi-POAhVmJ8AKHTLPB4IQyjcIKQ&ei=iU_CV9HuEObOgAaynp-QCA#tbm=isch&q=2.5mm+audio+jack+end+wiring&imgrc=STTBZaR80dD8_M%3A

spray2000

Estimable
Dec 2, 2015
Wow, Ok the product is Neutrik NP3C-B 1/4in TRS Plug, and here are the pictures
http://www.markertek.com/product/np3c/neutrik-np3c-1-4-inch-trs-male-cable-plug.

It came seperate with all the parts when I tried putting them togethor it seems like it doesn't fit a 3.55mm jack for headphones maybe I bought the wrong thing?

JohnBonhamsGhost

Estimable
Jan 14, 2016
that's a 1/4" jack for mixing boards, microphones, guitars, amps, etc. not for regular 3.5mm jacks.

JohnBonhamsGhost

Estimable
Jan 14, 2016
that's just an image of the 1/4" end, upload a pic of what's on the opposite side and the parts that came with it. reading further i see it states it's a "professional phone plug". like an old switchboard plug? does it have a phone jack on the opposite end?

-----------------------

i would just search for '3.5mm to 1/4"' on any large retail site like Amazon and look for good user reviews.

i have a few of both direction converters from RCA that are 10-15 years old and still function perfectly.
still use one of the 1/4" to 3.5mm for Rocksmith on PC that works great and other 3.5mm to 1/4" that i use to run my Footnote out to 3.5mm headphones, also works great.

That is a 1/4' 3 conductor phono plug that is used for many things including headphones. Whether it is a 3.5mm or 1/4" stereo plug it will need to be soldered to the cables from the headphones. Doesn't sound like you are familiar with this stuff. Any repair tech could do it for you.
Some headphone cables are not meant to be soldered to and will have a coating that resists solder.

Solution