Steve Jobs Takes the Stage at iPod Event

Status
Not open for further replies.

samely

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009
Good for him, hopefully he'll have better health than the liver transplant patients I've known, who did not fare so well long term. Maybe he will, he has more money.

lowguppy

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2008
Tom's has been posting way too much apple news for my tastes lately. If its not about exploding iPhones or Apple hushing up hardware problems I really don't want to hear about it. I especially don't care what Steve Jobs has to say about anything or what's been released on iTunes.

jerther

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
[citation][nom]lowguppy[/nom]Tom's has been posting way too much apple news for my tastes lately.[/citation]
Just don't click on it?

nine3o

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2008
"As some of you know, about five months ago I had a liver transplant. I now have the liver of a mid-20s person"

I wonder if that mid-20s person was anything like me during my mid 20s, piss drunk everyday... If that is the case, how long will this liver last? :D

But on a serious note:
mid-20s person who died in a car crash and was generous enough to donate their organs. I am alive because of their generosity. I hope we can all be that generous
It is a shame that such a young person passed, but I hope that everyone does follow this persons lead by signing their organ donor cards with their drivers liscense, it is the greatest gift you can give anyone.

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
[citation][nom]lowguppy[/nom]Tom's has been posting way too much apple news for my tastes lately. If its not about exploding iPhones or Apple hushing up hardware problems I really don't want to hear about it. I especially don't care what Steve Jobs has to say about anything or what's been released on iTunes.[/citation]I'm not an Apple fan either. BUT the health of Steve Jobs is incredibly important to stock holder. Don't believe me? Look at its stock the day it was announced he was having health problems! Apple hasn't grown larger than its CEO, unlike Microsoft, which makes this some of the first real news about Apple I've seen in a long time.

I can see him dumping millions into organ donor awareness which I think would be a very good thing.

coonday

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
And by saying he hopes everyone can be as generous as his organ donor was, Steve actually meant that people should be generous enough with their money to buy Apple products.

marsax73

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2006
[citation][nom]burnley14[/nom]And charge people double what our product is worth . . .[/citation]

You get an A+ for the post!

G

I think the initial fanboys cheering this article were probably planted by Apple. Just know that transplant patients require immune system suppressing drugs the rest of their life, they don't live too much longer, and Steve Jobs is an absolute wise and beautiful woman. Knowing Apples propensity for lies, that car crash story may be bullshit, I bet the liver came from here:

http://www.aftonbladet.se/kultur/article5652583.ab/17s04bilalaBY_jpg_998448b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.