Steve Jobs Was on a Mission to Destroy Android

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

molo9000

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
[citation][nom]darkavenger123[/nom]Things that Apple and Steve job stole from other people.1) GUI Interface from Xerox. Xerox Alto was the first pc which uses the GUI interface, which the MAC subsequently copies.[/citation]

Apple actually paid Xerox for their research. (100.000 Apple shares, if I remember correctly)
Apple bought it. Others stole it.

compuservant

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2011
[citation][nom]amk-aka-phantom[/nom]Ummm... I am flaming Apple. Right now. Apple sucks. Mac suck. iPhone is garbage. See? I'm doing it. And stealing customers from Apple as I'm typing this. Every customer who is educated on what s/he is paying for will not buy an Apple product.And just in case you didn't get my sarcasm, of course personal teleporter isn't real (if Jobs would invent it, he would probably restrict it to "approved" areas, but then Google would make it open for everyone, lol). Thus I'm hiding behind my screen . Got it?[/citation]
Let's see. Apple just sold 5 million iPhone 4S's in 3 days despite nothing all that new in them but you think your inane post on a 3 day old thread will affect a $60 billion company's sales. I'll have to review the DSM-IV for which exact psychosis affects you but delusions of grandeur is where I would start looking. I got your bit of sarcasm that is why I was making fun of it. I doubt you could appear before Steve Jobs cancer riddled corpse without loosing control of your bodily functions and assuming the fetal position. The original point of the article was that Steve Jobs thought Google/Android was a rip off which they both are. Apple borrowed heavily from others but did so legally. Google is just a search engine that had an interesting name and was easier to remember than AltaVista, dogpile, Ask Jeeves, etc. Google offered nothing nothing particularly special which is why they have spread out to Google+ (Facebook rip-off) GMail (Hotmail rip-off), Google maps (map quest rip-off), Android (a Linux based imitation of several mobile OS's). Google will soon go the way of AOL (or should I say away like AOL).
I've never said Steve Jobs was infallible, if he were, Apple wouldn't have fired him the first time for his botched marketing of the Macintosh with its unique set of features. My point was that after his return to Apple, he had figured out how to package his products in a way that people found to be "cool" or hip and they bought them. Hence, despite his personality flaws, he was the ultimate salesman which is what Apple hired him to be.

Uberragen21

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2009
[citation][nom]watcha[/nom]Android was released on 20 September 2008iOS was released on June 29, 2007You have no clue when Apple started development of iOS, but based on the fact that it was released well over a year earlier, it could well have started development well before Android was even founded.Labelling iOS as a 'stripped down version of Mac OS X' is completely irrelevant - it was still a mobile OS - which is the essence of what both are. Being 'independent' means nothing if it works on mobile devices.You say 'before iOS was a whimper of a thought in Jobs' brain' - but that's pure, unsubstantiated opinion. In fact the evidence suggests the opposite.To quote you:'try using your brain to find the facts before you spout off some nonsense'[/citation]
Obviously you aren't that intelligent and what I stated was meant for morons like you.

Apple "released" their crApple OS "first", but it was a rushed hack job to beat Android who had been working on it since 2003 and released November 5, 2007. This is easy to find on the internet. CrApple's first OS X mobile release was a hack job because it lacked serious features and had security flaws that experts laughed at. No cut and paste feature, no secure email server on the mobile platform. They rushed to get it to market before Android released theirs, a COUPLE MONTHS later, not over a year later, idiot. Where you get Sept 2008 from is anyone's guess. I'm assuming you bent over and squatted and there was "your" information.

Of course there's no way to find out when crApple began their work on the original iPhone OS X, but considering it was such a rush job that they missed obviously important features, it's pretty easy to assume it was less than the 4 years that Android was in development. Android > iOS all day any day. In the end, crApple fanboys like you fail at life.

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
[citation][nom]Uberragen21[/nom]Obviously you aren't that intelligent and what I stated was meant for morons like you. Apple "released" their crApple OS "first", but it was a rushed hack job to beat Android who had been working on it since 2003 and released November 5, 2007. This is easy to find on the internet. CrApple's first OS X mobile release was a hack job because it lacked serious features and had security flaws that experts laughed at. No cut and paste feature, no secure email server on the mobile platform. They rushed to get it to market before Android released theirs, a COUPLE MONTHS later, not over a year later, idiot. Where you get Sept 2008 from is anyone's guess. I'm assuming you bent over and squatted and there was "your" information. Of course there's no way to find out when crApple began their work on the original iPhone OS X, but considering it was such a rush job that they missed obviously important features, it's pretty easy to assume it was less than the 4 years that Android was in development. Android > iOS all day any day. In the end, crApple fanboys like you fail at life.[/citation]

Sorry, how do you know when Apple started the development? Answer - you don't. Which was my point, which is why I directed my comment at you.

You are, what we educated people call 'guessing', or some may call it just dreaming.

The very early Android was very poor too - and it changed radically in the year after iOS was released.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_(operating_system)

Initial release 20 September 2008

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IOS

Initial release June 29, 2007

Now that's a very long 'couple of months' - isn't it, 'idiot' ;-)

' Of course there's no way to find out when crApple began their work on the original iPhone OS X, but considering it was such a rush job that they missed obviously important features, it's pretty easy to assume it was less than the 4 years that Android was in development'

Sorry, but did you even see the initial Android release? It was completely hopeless, and resembled nothing like what you see today. It only became more like iOS when they spent their time improving it to try and recreate what iOS was done.

So in conclusion:

1 - You don't understand a calendar
2 - You claim that Company A started before Company B without knowing when Company B started.
3 - You site a lack of feature(s) as evidence that they took a certain amount of time, when this has no basis in real logic whatsoever. People can spend 20 years building something with 1 feature, or 1 year building something with 20.
4 - Even if your completely failed logic was correct, and that Android development started before iOS, that is completely irrelevant. iOS came out over a year earlier and radically changed the appearance and interface of Android. If anything what you're trying to prove is that Android developers were much slower in coming up with a far more buggy and inefficient system.

I'm not pro Apple, I'm pro logic - that's your failing.

Uberragen21

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2009
[citation][nom]watcha[/nom]Sorry, how do you know when Apple started the development? [/citation]
Answer - you're an idiot. Where to begin, your stupidity is astounding.

Think about this for a minute, I know it's hard for someone of such low intelligence as you. But try...
Apple released their iPhone on June 29, 2007 and their iTouch on September 5, 2007. On a new product such as this, development can take upwards of 2 years, though usually less since it's such a competitive market. This is why you see new products every year.

Lets review, Android, Inc. was founded in Palo Alto, California, United States in October, 2003 by Andy Rubin (co-founder of Danger).
"Android Inc. operated secretly, revealing only that it was working on software for mobile phones."
"Google acquired Android Inc. in August 2005... many assumed that Google was planning to enter the mobile phone market with this move."
"On November 5, 2007, the Open Handset Alliance, a consortium of several companies...unveiled itself. On the same day, the Open Handset Alliance also unveiled their first product, Android, a mobile device platform built on the Linux kernel version 2.6."

So just to be clear NOVEMBER 5, 2007 was when the product was released, NOT

[citation][nom]watcha[/nom]Initial release 20 September 2008[/citation]

[citation][nom]watcha[/nom]So in conclusion:

1 - You don't understand a calendar
2 - You claim that Company A started before Company B without knowing when Company B started.
3 - You site a lack of feature(s) as evidence that they took a certain amount of time, when this has no basis in real logic whatsoever. People can spend 20 years building something with 1 feature, or 1 year building something with 20.
4 - Even if your completely failed logic was correct, and that Android development started before iOS, that is completely irrelevant. iOS came out over a year earlier and radically changed the appearance and interface of Android. If anything what you're trying to prove is that Android developers were much slower in coming up with a far more buggy and inefficient system.

I'm not pro Apple, I'm pro logic - that's your failing.[/citation]
Lets review again:

1 - You don't understand a calendar, in addition you are illiterate...
2 - You claim that Company A started before Company B without knowing when Company B started. (Both companies were in existence before the product came to market, therefore stupid and irrelevant statement)
3 - You site a lack of feature(s) as evidence that they took a certain amount of time, when this has no basis in real logic whatsoever. People can spend 20 years building something with 1 feature, or 1 year building something with 20. In a fast paced market such as hand held electronics, slow = failure (much like you)
4 - Even if your completely failed logic was correct, and that Android development started before iOS, that is completely irrelevant. sorry, but your logic failed you yet again iOS came out over a year earlier since when was 5 months "over a year earlier"?and radically changed the appearance and interface of Android. Competition brings about change. Both benefited from the competition each brought to the market If anything what you're trying to prove is that Android developers were much slower in coming up with a far more buggy and inefficient system. Actually Android systems are not slower or more buggy. The OS as published by Google's Android Inc. is very stable and bug free; however, the individual phone manufacturer's tend to modify Android OS so each has their own slight variation. This can sometimes cause unwanted issues, which can easily be resolved by rooting the device and installing the Android release of your choosing.

So in conclusion:
Your logic failed you. Sorry "pro-logic".
Simple logic has superseded your stupidity and proven you're an idiot, yet again.

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
[citation][nom]Uberragen21[/nom]Answer - you're an idiot. Where to begin, your stupidity is astounding. Think about this for a minute, I know it's hard for someone of such low intelligence as you. But try...Apple released their iPhone on June 29, 2007 and their iTouch on September 5, 2007. On a new product such as this, development can take upwards of 2 years, though usually less since it's such a competitive market. This is why you see new products every year[/citation]

Firstly - this doesn't follow at all. You see new enhancements to existing software every year. Not brand new software, which is what iOS is. Every piece of software takes a different amount of time to develop, and the introduction of iPhone and iOS was arguably one of the biggest historically, so you still have no clue when they started development.

If you claim that Apple only took 2 years to create iOS, and Android took much longer to create something which was adopted far slower, was far less successful, what does that say about Android programmers?

[citation][nom]Uberragen21[/nom]Lets review, Android, Inc. was founded in Palo Alto, California, United States in October, 2003 by Andy Rubin (co-founder of Danger)."Android Inc. operated secretly, revealing only that it was working on software for mobile phones.""Google acquired Android Inc. in August 2005... many assumed that Google was planning to enter the mobile phone market with this move." "On November 5, 2007, the Open Handset Alliance, a consortium of several companies...unveiled itself. On the same day, the Open Handset Alliance also unveiled their first product, Android, a mobile device platform built on the Linux kernel version 2.6." So just to be clear NOVEMBER 5, 2007 was when the product was released,
[/citation]

I wonder if you'll at some point become educated enough to know the difference between unveiling something and releasing it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_(operating_system)
Initial release 20 September 2008

So lets review again:

1 - You still don't understand a calendar
2 - In addition you are illiterate, not knowing the difference between unveiling something and releasing it.
3 - You claim that Company A started before Company B without knowing when Company B started. You now try to justify this by saying both companies were in existence? How ridiculous? We're talking about them starting work on an OPERATING SYSTEM. You claim to know when Android started (although all you know is when the company was formed). You do NOT know when Apple started. Therefore you cannot say one started before the other. Or you can, but it's just crying guesswork.

4 - You site a lack of feature(s) as evidence that they took a certain amount of time, when this has no basis in real logic whatsoever. People can spend 20 years building something with 1 feature, or 1 year building something with 20. You say that 'In a fast paced market such as hand held electronics, slow = failure' - which is true to an extent, but firstly - Companies CAN fail, so this makes your point irrelevant, Secondly - you have to take into account start date, if Apple started earlier then they took a long time but still released their product first. And Thirdly, and most amusingly, your whole point is the big claim that Android started before Apple and released after, meaning they took longer, meaning that they, by your definition, failed. LOL.

5 - Even if your completely failed logic was correct, and that Android development started before iOS, that is completely irrelevant. iOS came out over a year earlier and radically changed the appearance and interface of Android. If anything what you're trying to prove is that Android developers were much slower in coming up with a far more buggy and inefficient system. You claim it wasn't over a year, but that's your illiterate brain rearing it's ugly head again. You don't understand the difference between unveiling and releasing. iOS didn't change much due to Android at all, Android changed radically, and obviously had a lot of time to copy, taking as they did far longer (according to you).

Quote:

'Actually Android systems are not slower or more buggy. The OS as published by Google's Android Inc. is very stable and bug free; however, the individual phone manufacturer's tend to modify Android OS so each has their own slight variation. This can sometimes cause unwanted issues, which can easily be resolved by rooting the device and installing the Android release of your choosing.'

Please. lol. Putting aside the fact that you can't just get 'Android' because it has to be developed by a manufacturer anyway, rending your argument completely irrelevant, where is any evidence that it's the phone manufacturers introducing bugs. Are they all building in the same massive, massive core inefficiencies? Please. LOL @ saying the good solution is to root your phones, yeah that's a really good selling point. 'To make our operating system work, please root your phone until you find an implementation which isn't buggy and slow as hell' .. oops sorry there isn't one .Sorry I just don't buy that 10 different manufacturers are all building the same laggy mess in by their own fault.

Lets not get distracted from the core of your failure though. The bottom line is you claim that Android started before Apple. You do not have any evidence of this. You also say that slow = failure yet fail to realise that by that logic, Android failed according to you because they took much longer. Finally, you need to learn the difference between unveiling and releasing. Maybe mummy needs to buy you a dictionary for Christmas.

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]I haven't laughed this hard since I learned Steve Jobs died...That's comedy gold[/citation]

It's an unfortunate coincidence that the logical failures seem to mostly happen with anti-apple cryboys.

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
Oh and what's even more amusing is:

You take the RELEASE date for iOS, and the UNVEILING date for Android - to reach your conclusion. Talk about fail.

iOS - Unveiled January 2007, Released June 2007
Android - Unveiled November 2007, Released September 2008

And you come up with a gap of '5 months'. Bless.

Notice how Android wasn't even unveiled until way after iOS was actually released, and how it took them 10 months after that to actually get the product developed. Oops.

HappyBB

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2008
yeah yeah yeah, whatever, Jobs. Android and HTC exist for good reasons so that the world will not be dominated by yours and Apple's ego!

G

What goes around comes around Steve! Now you know how those Xerox employees felt when you stole their interface for your Mac-in-Trash....

izajasz

Distinguished
May 12, 2011
[citation][nom]iamsexyrob[/nom]mission fail.. seems odd that recent IOS additions mimic features that have been in andriod for years.[/citation]
Ye... what a hipocrite he was ...

Status
Not open for further replies.