Steve Jobs Was on a Mission to Destroy Android

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
[citation][nom]john_e[/nom]Here I was just when I was about to feel sorry for Jobs the person, and then hear what he says about Bill Gates the guy who helped him out with $150 Million to save Apple from going bankrupt. Then goes on to say that's why Bill gates stepped down to concentrate on his philanthropy. For a company that never invented anything, Bill Gates personal fortune of 53 Billion is greater then Apple Corp 40 Billion. Now I have no respect for Jobs the man. Very Low blow Jobs, what a disgrace this person is.[/citation]
Didn`t knew this, thx for sharing , guess in 97 i wasn`t that tech savvy guy, imagine what the world could have looked today if MS didn`t had helpe them back then with the monney. Could have been a better world or not ?

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
Oh nooos! You guys are mean! Jobs was right, guys!
Think about it.

I mean, if it wasn't for Apple, who would have thought that it would have been a good idea to use touchable icons on a touch screen UI? I mean, holy cow, dudes, that's amazing!

Or, to use gestures on a multi-touch touchscreen? Nobody would have thought of that, either!

And everyone knows that Apple started working on iOS before Android. It's not like they released a BS hackjob of OSX lacking even simple features like copy+paste, just to push something to market before a very similar product releases.

I think you guys are all jerks, and the patent administration should have granted Apple it's totally legitimate patent for rounded icons, guys.

You all suck. Steve Jobs was a visionary! He invented the internet and mp3s.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
[citation][nom]Compuservant[/nom]It is easy to hide behind your computer and talk tough. Step out into the real world. You'll find it is not that frightening.[/citation]

Load of BS. You think I can't bash Apple and mock their users IRL? You're sadly mistaken. All this talk about "hiding" behind a computer screen is childish. I apologize for not being able to personally teleport in front of every Tom's reader and voice my opinion in person. My personal teleporter is out of service right now. Once it's back online, I'll be sure to pass by and flame Apple in front of you.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
[citation][nom]fulle[/nom]Oh nooos! You guys are mean! Jobs was right, guys!Think about it.I mean, if it wasn't for Apple, who would have thought that it would have been a good idea to use touchable icons on a touch screen UI? I mean, holy cow, dudes, that's amazing!Or, to use gestures on a multi-touch touchscreen? Nobody would have thought of that, either! And everyone knows that Apple started working on iOS before Android. It's not like they released a BS hackjob of OSX lacking even simple features like copy+paste, just to push something to market before a very similar product releases.I think you guys are all jerks, and the patent administration should have granted Apple it's totally legitimate patent for rounded icons, guys.You all suck. Steve Jobs was a visionary! He invented the internet and mp3s.[/citation]

Although I get your sarcasm - that's pretty much what every iZombie believes (and of course, there wasn't a SINGLE mp3 player out there before iPod...) - I can't help but feel a tide of rage when the name "Steve Jobs" is connected to the noun "visionary". One idiot said that, thousands of others repeat.

[citation][nom]Fozee[/nom]"I want you to stop using Palm's ideas in Android, that's all I want," Jobs told Schmidt.[/citation]

Except Palm got it's ideas from the Newton Messagepad and Nokia 9000 Communicator.

G

[citation][nom]someonewhoknowsalittle[/nom]Ok, so Jobs was a genius greatly responsible for bringing the successful innovations of the Macs, iTunes, iPod, iPad and iPhone to a profitable share of the market. No one is disputing that. But what a jealous, revengeful, angry, vicious, underhanded, self-righteous, overly proud, egotistical, harsh jerk he was! Contrast Jobs to someone with spiritual values like Mandela, Martin Luther King Jr., Mohandas Gandhi, Walesa or Irina Sendler. I am sorry for his suffering and his family's loss but Jobs was a creepy, sorry excuse for a human being. You know it's true, sad but true.[/citation]
Nice people don't last long in the corporate world.

Uberragen21

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2009
[citation][nom]chronicbint[/nom]This topic has the droidfags furiously fapping over it.[/citation]
= obvious iSheep loving for the crApple fanboy.

the_krasno

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
""Steve Jobs" by Walter Isaacson, to be published Monday, also says Jobs came up with the company's name while he was on a diet of fruits and vegetables, and as a teenager perfected staring at people without blinking.

The Associated Press purchased a copy of the book Thursday.

The book delves into Jobs' decision to delay surgery for nine months after learning in October 2003 that he had a neuroendocrine tumor - a relatively rare type of pancreatic cancer that normally grows more slowly and is therefore more treatable.

Instead, he tried a vegan diet, acupuncture, herbal remedies and other treatments he found online, and even consulted a psychic. He also was influenced by a doctor who ran a clinic that advised juice fasts, bowel cleansings and other unproven approaches, the book says, before finally having surgery in July 2004.

Isaacson, quoting Jobs, writes in the book: "'I really didn't want them to open up my body, so I tried to see if a few other things would work,' he told me years later with a hint of regret."

"He postponed surgery almost a year to try a bunch of new age crap? Guy was an idiot. Hello there, Natural Selection.

Source AP: http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5izacIaKf2hT_w5hDjmST8YtIM4Hw

n8dogg

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2006
I wish Steve Jobs articles would just die like him already. He ain't doing nothing else except being worm food.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
like it or not apple is successful because of steve....stop hating people....most of you probably own some kind of apple product

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]fulle[/nom]Oh nooos! You guys are mean! Jobs was right, guys!Think about it.I mean, if it wasn't for Apple, who would have thought that it would have been a good idea to use touchable icons on a touch screen UI? I mean, holy cow, dudes, that's amazing!Or, to use gestures on a multi-touch touchscreen? Nobody would have thought of that, either! And everyone knows that Apple started working on iOS before Android. It's not like they released a BS hackjob of OSX lacking even simple features like copy+paste, just to push something to market before a very similar product releases.I think you guys are all jerks, and the patent administration should have granted Apple it's totally legitimate patent for rounded icons, guys.You all suck. Steve Jobs was a visionary! He invented the internet and mp3s.[/citation]
Gestures on a multi-touch screen wasn't something new when Apple introduced the iPhone. In 99 Fingerworks developed gestures. In 2005 Apple acquired Fingerworks. Like Siri, they bought the technology. Touchable icons on a touch screen existed way before Apple introduced the iPhone.

G

The pure unadulterated hatred being spewed here is astounding. Sure apple stole it's own fair share of ideas, but come on guys really? Android development was significantly influenced by Apple's iOS, pretending that that isn't true is just silly.
To be honest Android and iOS feel very similar. Sure Android had copy paste, multi-tasking, etc. first, but so what? They aren't exactly innovative features.

Of the mobile OS that out there, only two feel like they give a very distinct polished environment: Apple's iOS and the Windows Phone.

I have Droid 3, which I like very much (great improvement over the Droid 1), but I'm starting to loathe Android. Ideally I would love to give Microsoft a try with a Moto phone, as I love the feel and quality of Motorola phones, but, seeing as they've been bought by google, I doubt that will ever happen.

compuservant

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2011
[citation][nom]amk-aka-Phantom[/nom]Load of BS. You think I can't bash Apple and mock their users IRL? You're sadly mistaken. All this talk about "hiding" behind a computer screen is childish. I apologize for not being able to personally teleport in front of every Tom's reader and voice my opinion in person. My personal teleporter is out of service right now. Once it's back online, I'll be sure to pass by and flame Apple in front of you.[/citation]
I think you are proving my point. I hate to break it to you but Star Trek isn't real. There is no such thing as a teleporter (unfortunately, Mr. Jobs didn't live long enough to make it a reality.) The point was that hiding behind a computer screen makes dweebs like you think you could "bash" or "flame Apple" or anything for that matter. Call it CGT if you will, "Computer Generated Tough-Guy."

Northwestern

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
[citation][nom]xerroz[/nom]Close your mouth, Stevie's cum is drooling out[/citation]
Translation - "I can't come up with good evidence or a worthwhile comment so I will just insult him! Yeah! That'll show him!"

Status
Not open for further replies.